"Stop Me..." acoustic and instrumental versions: Question  
Tanato
Post 2013-09-27 14:27 [Quote] 
I looked through the forum but failed to find the answer to the question that has been bugging me for quite some time. Hope that someone could help )
There are two versions of "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" on YouTube which I can't find on bootlegs seeded here. The first one was uploaded by hipsterdisco and it's an acoustic version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMDFmsaPLXU
The second one is an instrumental uploaded by user Flip2k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1-60uY3Dk
So, what I'm interested in is:
1) Where do these versions come from and are they by any means available in FLAC (and if not, in any other form rather than a YouTube video)?
2) Are there any other 'official' (unreleased, but definitely made by the group) acoustic versions of Smiths' songs?
Any information, links and advice would be much appreciated Smile Thanks in advance!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Halloway
Post 2013-09-27 15:53 [Quote] 
The multitracks to 'Stop Me...' are available (I think they came from Rockband), both of these sound like they could have been constructed from those.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DavidA
Site Admin
uk.gif
Post 2013-09-27 19:38 [Quote] 
Shoplifters instrumental was released on the demos and rarities bootleg.

Stop Me and This Charming Man have been unofficially released as multitracks from Rock Band.

Here are the multitracks (200MB). The files are lossy.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Tanato
Post 2013-09-27 20:20 [Quote] 
Halloway, DavidA, thank you so much! I'm a bit disillusioned, since I thought that somewhere out there there's a bunch of acoustic Smiths' songs (I got this idea after watching the above-mentioned videos and recalling the Cure having an acoustic album of their greatest hits), but still those multitracks are a very nice discovery for me Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DavidA
Site Admin
uk.gif
Post 2013-09-27 20:23 [Quote] 
Of course there are a lot of karaoke Smiths records, some good, some bad.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    smithstorrents.co.uk Forum Index -> Smiths All times are GMT

Jump to: