Convert PAL to NTSC Without Losing Menus?

Reply to topic

mozarr ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 26-Aug-2006 20:17

[Quote]

Hello!
This is an amazing forum! Thank you to all that are involved and that share. I downloaded a Smiths show that someone put together with a nice menu, etc - but it's in PAL and I need it in NTSC.
I have Nero 7 and Convert X to DVD - I'm not sure how to convert it without losing the menus, chapters, etc. Can anyone tell me in simple terms how I would do this?
I'm very new to DVD burning so this task has been frustrating.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice!
M
[Profile] [PM]

MacPhisto247

Post 29-Aug-2006 04:10 (after 2 days 7 hours)

[Quote]

In Nero, if you load everything, and wait while it verifies the video, you only are able to convert the show, make new chapters, and the original menu goes to waste....unless someone else is able to do it in NERO - I haven't seen it happen.
[Profile] [PM]

mozarr ®

Post 29-Aug-2006 17:26 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for the reply. I've found the same thing you did.
Is there a free software or something I can download to convert? I would love to keep the menus intact. There's so much PAL video here that I would hate to break it all up.
Thanks for any help!
M
[Profile] [PM]

stelvio massi

Post 02-Sep-2006 01:58 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

a real conversion is a difficult thing... you must chance the Speed by interpolation (also for audio) and the ratio. Even more difficult if the source was interlaced. In my opinion there is no chance to save the menu, while there is only a difficult way to convert with good results (not only speedup, a real interpolation)
I did it for aweful interlaced material some month ago by using avisynth (with a fitted script out of the net) and the CCE (cinema craft encoder). It was bonus material which should be used on a (moz) concert dvd.
maybe a better thing to buy a multinorm dvd player for about 30 Bucks ;)
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 02-Sep-2006 15:15 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

a good place to check your DVD player.
Most if not all can be hacked by simple remote buttons, and or firmware flash.
Here is a great site to check on user opinions and to see how your model ranks.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
just type in your model.
good luck!
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 06-Sep-2006 14:34 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

I have never seen a method to convert or reencode a DVD + menus from PAL <> NTSC. Hacks for your player, as stated earlier, work pretty well but some DVD players (like both of my Sonys) can't be changed without a professional adjustment.
What I would recommend is looking for a player that would do both. It seems the new cheaper players will likely do both (GoVideo and Apex have worked for me). Oppo players (http://www.oppodigital.com/) have been highly recommended and even will upscale to HD and have a digital video HDMI outputs. That's the route i'd take!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Nov 23:55