is this a factory pressed cd?

Go to page :  1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

fgraciano1980 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 08-Feb-2007 09:03

[Quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280079825354&rd=1&rd=1
what do you guys think? i asked the seller, but they are german and their english is not so good.
could it be professionally printed artwork with mass produced cd-r's? ive been seeing a lot of that lately.
[Profile] [PM]

Oso Blanco

Post 09-Feb-2007 10:04 (after 1 day 1 hour)

[Quote]

I wouldn't be suprised if he downloaded the show and the video footage right here ...
[Profile] [PM]

Tracey

Post 10-Feb-2007 05:08 (after 19 hours)

[Quote]

I also contacted him about this. His response seemed vague, which led me to believe that its a homemade cd-r job.
[Profile] [PM]

Oso Blanco

Post 10-Feb-2007 08:01 (after 2 hours 52 minutes)

[Quote]

I also asked him, and he said "it isn´t an factory pressed and from the radio broadcast".
So, it's not factory pressed ... but I'm still not sure what he was trying to say about the source.
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 11-Feb-2007 00:26 (after 16 hours)

[Quote]

I received this today in the mail. Not pressed CDs, they are black-surfaced CD-R discs that look like vinyl records on the top surface. The packaging is very nice, with cool pics front, back, and inside. The CDs themselves come from the radio broadcast, and the CD2 has a montage of shots from the show taken from what looks like cell phones.
[Profile] [PM]

guru_mosh

Longevity: 10 years

Post 13-Feb-2007 10:34 (after 2 days 10 hours)

[Quote]

It is definetly not a factory pressed cd. I had informed ebay about this. I really hate those guys, who try to rip off us all. Even if the package is nice, it is just a cd-r.
Maybe it helps, if some of you inform ebay about this too. Here is the link:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/contact_us/_base/index.html
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html
Just choose the "copyright violation", choose "music on cd-r" and then "send email" at the bottom.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 13-Feb-2007 13:29 (after 2 hours 55 minutes)

[Quote]

Hrm... I've always liked the fact that you can buy bootlegs on eBay. It's about the last place to find them easily.
[Profile] [PM]

guru_mosh

Post 13-Feb-2007 13:30 (after 1 minute)

[Quote]

Hrm... I've always liked the fact that you can buy bootlegs on eBay. It's about the last place to find them easily.
I've always liked the fact that you can buy bootlegs on eBay too. But only if they are original and factory-pressed. I don't like that homemade stuff really well ... just my 2 pence.
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 14-Feb-2007 00:52 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

I agree, in general. However, the extra effort in the packaging makes this one OK in my opinion.
I also recieved recently the same show as the "Auchtung Blue Eyes" set from eBay. I was told it was a CD-Rs, but bought it anyhow. It's a fantastic looking boot, and if it's a CD-R they're using blanks that are perfectly silver...no hint of it being a -R at all! Silkscreeened graphics on the disc. This one really walks the line between a "pressed" disc and a "recordable".
[Profile] [PM]

Tracey

Post 20-Feb-2007 05:01 (after 6 days)

[Quote]

It looks like there may be a silver CD of this gig just out. A 2CD set on the well-known boot label The Swingin' Pig entitled "How Soon is Berlin" just sold on ebay for almost $200. Its got the recent Berlin broadcast and the 2004 Dublin broadcast on it.
[Profile] [PM]

Oso Blanco

Post 20-Feb-2007 08:21 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

200 USD? :shock: That's crazy!
[Profile] [PM]

guru_mosh

Post 20-Feb-2007 09:07 (after 45 minutes)

[Quote]

It looks like there may be a silver CD of this gig just out. A 2CD set on the well-known boot label The Swingin' Pig entitled "How Soon is Berlin" just sold on ebay for almost $200. Its got the recent Berlin broadcast and the 2004 Dublin broadcast on it.
Nice Item:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190083428430
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 20-Feb-2007 13:14 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

"How Soon Is Berlin?"
Ack! Are they running out of good bootleg names?
[Profile] [PM]

Oso Blanco

Post 20-Feb-2007 16:20 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

"How Soon Is Berlin?"
Ack! Are they running out of good bootleg names?
I could have thought of at least two more fitting names: "Welcome To The Human Abbattoir" or "Why Is Everything Out Of Reach".
[Profile] [PM]

Tracey

Post 20-Feb-2007 21:47 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Nice Item:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190083428430
definitely agree. it is a nice item. surely we'll more these about since this has to have just been pressed w/in the last 5 weeks.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 25-Sep 20:32