More Seeding Problems In uTorrent

Reply to topic

acarthatsped@hotmail.com ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 17-Feb-2007 19:29

[Quote]

Hi All - I was reorganizing my shows, Smiths and Moz, into one subordinate folder for ease of seeding. When I reopened uTorrent i had an "Error: Files missing" message I manually redirected each file to the new directory, but still the same error. So I did a forced recheck and now a number of boots (approx. 30) are down to zero percent completion. I can't share them but I can still play them. Any ideas?
Thanks,
David
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 17-Feb-2007 20:52 (after 1 hour 22 minutes)

[Quote]

Hi David,
Sometimes I've seen this when utorrent was expecting to be pointed at a directory and I was pointing it at a set of files. In the 30 boots which say 0% complete, do they have anything in common? Which bootlegs are they?
You might find some help here.
[Profile] [PM]

acarthatsped@hotmail.com ®

Post 17-Feb-2007 22:05 (after 1 hour 12 minutes)

[Quote]

Hi David - I think I have it figured out. Thanks for sending that link. Here's what happened in case anyone else finds themselves in this situation after expanding to a larger HD, renaming folders etc. If you get that red error message make sure each torrent is pointed to the correct folder with a right click/advanced/set download folder. Also make sure you have your global downloads and stored torrents directories in order under options/prefrences/downloads & options/prefrences/other. Once both of these are correct with the drive letter and path of your new folder, then and only then should you right click/force re-check a misbehaving torrent, otherwise uTorrent will try and create the directory that it was writing to in the past.
Thanks for the help and all of the effort you put into this site, it's a Godsend.
David
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Oct 09:12