Completed download - what next?!

Reply to topic

lotte1978 ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 28-Mar-2007 13:35

[Quote]

OK - I'm completely new to downloading torrents - so here's a stupid question...
How do i play a downloaded torrent file?
I've just managed to download one, but don't know what to do with it next!
Please help!
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Longevity: 11 years

Post 28-Mar-2007 14:11 (after 35 minutes)

[Quote]

If you have downloaded the actual music then simply play it in a music player that has FLAC capabilities (more and more are offering this). If on the other hand you have simply downloaded the torrent file, rather than the music linked to it, you will need a client to run the information within the torrent. Try uTorrent, simply associate torrent files with uTorrent and double-click the torrent file. uTorrent will open up and ask you where you want the music saved to. Just tell it where and click OK. Then wait till the music downloads ;)
:EDIT:
Just had a quick look at your stats and it would seem you have the music along with a not very good ratio but never mind. The music will no doubt be in FLAC files. You will need a music player that supports FLAC. There are quite a few that do this. In fact I think only Microshaft's media player is one of the very few that don't play it. If you wish to play the music on your home stereo, you will need to decode the FLAC's to WAV and burn the WAV's to disk. Traders Little Helper will decode the FLAC's, and any burner will burn WAV's.
[Profile] [PM]

BeerFunk

Post 28-Mar-2007 22:09 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

I've downloaded 3 gigs, but no-one seems to be downloading them from me? Or very rarely anyway, and I leave utorrent on 24-7 most of the time. What more can I do to increase my ratio? Or will I just have to wait?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 28-Mar-2007 22:57 (after 48 minutes)

[Quote]

Provided your torrent client and firewall are set up to allow uploads then you just need to leave it open. I leave mine open and always have people downloading from me.
If you have utorrent, make sure you have a green tick icon in the bar at the bottom. That tells you if you're set up correctly. See here for a picture.
[Profile] [PM]

BeerFunk

Post 02-Apr-2007 23:28 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

OK, thanks for the reply. I have been uploading now, it's just that they weren't before, for whatever reasons.. :)
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Dec 17:40