[Quote]

Morrissey
18 December 2004
Earls Court, London
Video: 704x576 25 fps (4:3) PAL, 9610 kbps
Audio: PCM @48kHz Stereo, 1536 kbps
CD Pressing "Live At Earls Court"
Sound Forge (44.1kHz -> 48kHz) Vegas to finalize
Many thanks to Stephane for the source video!
Notes: you will notice a little weirdness during "Shoplifters Of The World". The pitch needed some correction so its
nothing to serious!
How Soon Is Now?
First Of The Gang To Die
November Spawned A Monster
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
Bigmouth Strikes Again
I Like You
Redondo Beach
Let Me Kiss You
Subway Train/Munich Air Disaster 1958
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Friday Mourning
I Have Forgiven Jesus
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Irish Blood, English Heart
You Know I Couldn't Last
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
from www.passionsjustlikemine.com
The setlist was the same as on the previous night in Brighton. The show was slightly better however. The venue was big and impersonal, but it was closer to being sold out than the previous big and impersonal venues visited earlier on this leg, so the experience was better for most of the audience. The stage was a good distance from the front rows, so no one made it on stage. The crowd was very wild and energetic. Morrissey was faultless but looked a bit tired and very emotional. He wore his priest outfit for the first few songs and later changed into various shirts. One of them ended up in the audience after being used to wipe the sweat off his body and down his trousers.
After the usual "Imperfect List" song announcing the beginning of the concert, Morrissey and his musicians entered stage, walked up to the front and took a bow in a line, arms over shoulders. Morrissey then started by asking "Why do you come here?" (a line from his song "Suedehead") before going into the first number, "How Soon Is Now?". After that he made a reference to "Why do you smile when you think about Earls Court", a line from "Piccadilly Palare" when he said "Yes, I'm smiling because I'm here... what that means I don't know..." During "November Spawned A Monster" someone tried and failed to make it on stage. His efforts were acknowledged by Morrissey who told him "God bless you".
"Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" was introduced with "That song is called 'Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice', which speaks for itself really... it could be you..." Before the Smiths-era "Bigmouth Strikes Again", Morrissey announced "Yes the past is a strange place..." In the song he made a few lyric changes to "Sweetness I wasn't joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head" and "As the flames rose to her roman nose and her iPod started to melt". He made his first comment about Christmas before "Redondo Beach" when mentioning how he found "Christmas very difficult". After the song he jokingly said "That was a song made famous by Pat Benetar... or was it Patti Smith?"
Morrissey introduced his band after "Let Me Kiss You": "I think as a band you'll agree that they're not so bad... The maestro, Boz Boorer... the true and only, Gary Day... the magnificent Deano... a man with 8 new stitches in his head, Jesse Tobias..." and then went on to introduce keyboard player Mike V Farrell. Before "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out", Morrissey made another reference to the past: "In my life I was once associated with three incredibly miserable people... but I think you'll agree that some decent songs survived..." This song was usually a highlight of the evening when played earlier in the year as an encore, but on this leg it was moved up in the middle of the set and played much slower, to many fans' disappointment.
Before "The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get", Morrissey returned to the subject of Christmas: "Do you think you'll actually survive Christmas?" He then mentioned his Christmas single, "I Have Forgiven Jesus" released that week: "This week we have released a charity single... that charity is me... and I know it isn't mutual but I have forgiven Jesus." The next song was introduced with "We got rid of Blunkett, now let's get rid of Blair... 'The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores'." He also said that that song was the Christmas single in Idaho. He returned to the subject of Christmas one final time before "Shoplifters Of The World Unite": "Have you finished your Christmas shoplifting yet?".
Before "Irish Blood, English Heart", Morrissey said for some unknown reason "So you see I can't be wrong about everything". At some point during the show, when fans chanted his name, Morrissey said "It's a beautiful name, but just think where it's been...". He was also angered for a brief time about other comments coming from the audience. At some point he replied to someone "I'm S-I-Q-U-E, sick!" Towards the end of the show, he told the crowd they were a dream audience for an old sea-dog like him.
Morrissey and his band returned to the stage for the encore in the same fashion they did at the beginning of the show. They walked to the front and bowed. Morrissey then went to his microphone and gave the audience another one of those lines that hinted at something, but nothing precise: "There are goodbyes and there are farewells... this is farewell..." He also asked "Please don't forget me, I love you". Fans in the front rows could see that he was very emotional while saying these words and that his eyes were filling up with tears.
Read more about this concert and see photos offsite at MorrisseyTour.com and Morrissey-Solo.
This concert was recorded and released in full in March/April 2005 as the "Live From Earls Court" live album.
Two different audience recordings of this whole concert are circulated on bootleg DVDs, one with footage of the stage, and the other with footage of the video screen.
[Profile] [PM]

back2front

Longevity: 11 years

Post 08-Apr-2007 16:15 (after 14 minutes)

[Quote]

Thank you,
Is this stage or video screen film?
[Profile] [PM]

quietnski

Post 08-Apr-2007 16:55 (after 40 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks for sharing, bclark93 !!
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93 ®

Post 08-Apr-2007 17:30 (after 35 minutes)

[Quote]

Is this stage or video screen film?
Stage shot. there are some quick shots of the screen, but not many.
Here are some screens

[Profile] [PM]

Ivory88

Post 09-Apr-2007 03:41 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you very much!
[Profile] [PM]

thenorthernmonkey

Longevity: 10 years

Post 10-Apr-2007 13:22 (after 1 day 9 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you sooo much for sharing this...this was my first Morrissey show :o) full of so many memories!
[Profile] [PM]

quietnski

Post 12-Apr-2007 16:17 (after 2 days 2 hours)

[Quote]

I second thank. Thanks for sharing !! :D
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Post 13-Apr-2007 08:26 (after 16 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you, bclark93 and Stephane.
[Profile] [PM]

herge65

Post 13-Apr-2007 08:59 (after 32 minutes)

[Quote]

Cheers again bclark93....keep em coming...
Now where the heck are those G-Mex DVD's :mrgreen:
herge65
[Profile] [PM]

dilb0t

Post 14-Apr-2007 14:49 (after 1 day 5 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks bclark93...
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93 ®

Post 17-Apr-2007 13:10 (after 2 days 22 hours)

[Quote]

Cheers again bclark93....keep em coming...
Now where the heck are those G-Mex DVD's :mrgreen:
herge65
glad you like them :-)
sorry for the delay in the g-mex. I will start to seed this weekend!
lots of dvd goodies coming down the pipeline after those g-mex dvd's! :wink:
[Profile] [PM]

cro_morrissey

Post 18-Apr-2007 10:37 (after 21 hour)

[Quote]

tnx,tnx,tnx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great!!!!!!!
[Profile] [PM]

Stubs

Post 20-May-2007 09:08 (after 1 month 1 day)

[Quote]

Hi bclark,
thank you very much for your fantastic work. :wink:
I like the CD-Version very much; it's one of the best official releases of a live-concert ever.
Now I have the oportunity to see what I heard already. :D
That's great!!!
Thanks to all the seeder who helped me getting this!
Greeting
Stubs
[Profile] [PM]

Stefen

Post 28-May-2007 11:24 (after 8 days)

[Quote]

bclark93
hello friend
i,m alberto from spain. one question. can i burn this concert with nero? nero say me error.what program have i use , please? i hope that you undertand me. my english is poor.thant you very much.
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93 ®

Post 28-May-2007 14:51 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

bclark93
hello friend
i,m alberto from spain. one question. can i burn this concert with nero? nero say me error.what program have i use , please? i hope that you undertand me. my english is poor.thant you very much.
greetings alberto!
well not sure about nero as I use k3b for all my burning purposes. seems a lot of people have problems with Nero when burning the dvd's I seed.
If you using windows try burning the dvd using "TMPGEnc DVD Author".
that should work. :-)
Cheers!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 25-Sep 20:38