Least favourite Smiths song?

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

waterisnat

Longevity: 12 years

Post 03-Dec-2008 19:22

[Quote]

For me, Jeane is the only weak track of the pre-1986 crop (and in all fairness to the band, it was probably one of their very first halfway decent compositions). Unfortunately, starting with Unloveable on the "Bigmouth Strikes Again" 12", standards did slip a bit from 1986 onward. Other ones I don't care for are Ask, Golden Lights, Sheila Take A Bow, Unhappy Birthday, Death At One's Elbow and Work Is A Four-Letter Word.
Jeane is one of my favourites and i think Ask is a great little pop ditty as well.
Fair enough about Jeane: I used to like it, too, but in hindsight I think that was mainly due to its rarity value. With the passing of time, I feel that it hasn't stood up as well as Wonderful Woman, which still intrigues me.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA ®

Post 03-Dec-2008 23:53 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

For me, Jeane is the only weak track of the pre-1986 crop (and in all fairness to the band, it was probably one of their very first halfway decent compositions). Unfortunately, starting with Unloveable on the "Bigmouth Strikes Again" 12", standards did slip a bit from 1986 onward. Other ones I don't care for are Ask, Golden Lights, Sheila Take A Bow, Unhappy Birthday, Death At One's Elbow and Work Is A Four-Letter Word.
Jeane is one of my favourites and i think Ask is a great little pop ditty as well.
Fair enough about Jeane: I used to like it, too, but in hindsight I think that was mainly due to its rarity value. With the passing of time, I feel that it hasn't stood up as well as Wonderful Woman, which still intrigues me.
Never been very keen on Wonderful Woman, prefer the What Do You See In Him version.
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 04-Dec-2008 02:02 (after 2 hours 8 minutes)

[Quote]

I think "Wonderful Woman" is the best of their lower profile songs. If the Smiths released a compilation of non-album tracks/rarities, and wanted to put out a single from it, then "Wonderful Woman" would be a good choice.
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Dec 01:52