Troy Tate Sessions Bootleg

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

fgraciano1980

Longevity: 12 years

Post 15-Sep-2006 16:26

[Quote]

looking at the first page, it has the cd "the hand that rocks the cradle" as the source.
but i am told that these tracks, presented in this torrent, are NOT from that cd. could anyone confirm where these tracks actually came from? are they off a cd or another source?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 13 years

Post 15-Sep-2006 18:43 (after 2 hours 16 minutes)

[Quote]

They might have come from "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" LP. I have the LP myself in great condition. I keep meaning to record it to CD.
[Profile] [PM]

whitecolours

Post 21-Oct-2006 14:03 (after 1 month 5 days)

[Quote]

Any chance of a re-seed. I know this is one of those perpetually re-seeded torrents but I would like a definitive version of the core of the Tate sessions. I will be happy to keep seeding this for quite a while if someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance!
Great community here.
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 16-Apr-2007 23:31 (after 5 months 26 days)

[Quote]

Thanks very nice
[Profile] [PM]

morrissey2k7

Longevity: 11 years

Post 15-Oct-2007 15:24 (after 5 months 28 days)

[Quote]

Is there any way possible that someone might seed this torrent? I would truly appreciate it. Thank you!
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 15-Oct-2007 22:50 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

Is there any way possible that someone might seed this torrent? I would truly appreciate it. Thank you!
http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=121
I believe this one is better quality.
[Profile] [PM]

guidedbyvoices

Longevity: 10 years

Post 30-Jan-2009 12:29 (after 1 year 3 months)

[Quote]

can someone seed this? I show 3 seeders on this page, but none on my utorrent, and i'm not firewalled. thanks!
edit - thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

medwaygarage

Longevity: 10 years

Post 14-Jun-2009 08:29 (after 4 months 14 days)

[Quote]

While I would like to hear this,I have my reservations about Troy Tate as a producer,after all he is responsible for ruining one of my favourite bands [The Prisoners] 4th album [`In From The Cold`],i`ve heard the stories direct from the band,he never even bothered to go to see the band until halfway through the recording process,so how the hell could he have any idea how to reproduce their raw live sound in the studio,he even overdubbed brass over the band,the band still hate this album with a vengeance.Things got so bad during the recording sessions that the band recorded a track called `Pop Star Party`with some very bitter lyrics such as :
`What`s the point of playing sh*t with a drum machine`
`You`re the biggest load of boll*cks that i`ve ever seen,stick your cash we`ll take our pride`
`What do you care about our music that was real,we will prevail,we won`t be there at your pop star party`etc...[this track appeared on the rarities compilation `live and unissued`,on the original LP part of the track is missing,as the taped snapped during a fist fight with the record company,Stiff Records!!!!!]
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 14-Jun-2009 09:29 (after 59 minutes)

[Quote]

While I would like to hear this,I have my reservations about Troy Tate as a producer,after all he is responsible for ruining one of my favourite bands [The Prisoners] 4th album [`In From The Cold`],i`ve heard the stories direct from the band,he never even bothered to go to see the band until halfway through the recording process,so how the hell could he have any idea how to reproduce their raw live sound in the studio,he even overdubbed brass over the band,the band still hate this album with a vengeance.Things got so bad during the recording sessions that the band recorded a track called `Pop Star Party`with some very bitter lyrics such as :
`What`s the point of playing sh*t with a drum machine`
`You`re the biggest load of boll*cks that i`ve ever seen,stick your cash we`ll take our pride`
`What do you care about our music that was real,we will prevail,we won`t be there at your pop star party`etc...[this track appeared on the rarities compilation `live and unissued`,on the original LP part of the track is missing,as the taped snapped during a fist fight with the record company,Stiff Records!!!!!]
The Smiths' Troy Tate Sessions are great, they deserve an official release in my humble.
[Profile] [PM]

desperate_one

Longevity: 9 years 8 months

Post 14-May-2010 23:33 (after 11 months)

[Quote]

I really like the Tate Sessions.
Thanks for sharing and thanks to all SEEDERS.
[Profile] [PM]

Welly

Post 15-May-2010 01:17 (after 1 hour 43 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks for the Troy Tate tracks. Haven't d/led any Troy Tate stuff before, looking forward to hearing this.
[Profile] [PM]

leclisse

Post 16-May-2010 12:47 (after 1 day 11 hours)

[Quote]

SweetFA
Could you please re-seed the Troy Tate bootleg.
Thanx,
Mark
[Profile] [PM]

jedikiah

Post 11-Oct-2010 11:31 (after 4 months 25 days)

[Quote]

Another one for resurrecting this old perennial - is there a chance of this being re-seeded? I have the Troy Hands Rocks The Cradle set but I believe most of the tracks are at the wrong speed.
Anyone care to reseed this for a couple of days?
thanks
john
[Profile] [PM]

Shanker

Post 16-Nov-2010 11:39 (after 1 month 5 days)

[Quote]

I was comparing the Sessions (TATE1) with the rare mix (TATE2) again (prompted by the Extra Track blog) and I was questioning the conventional wisdom here that TATE2 represents a more sophisticated mix. I haven't read Goddards book (yet), but I have read excerpts on the wiki (http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/wiki/doku.php) and elsewhere. Most of the flourishes mentioned (slide guitar at the end of You’ve Got Everything Now, the piano coda on Suffer Little Children, the harmonica on Hand in Glove) are present on TATE1 and completely absent on TATE2. These are not only sound effects, but integral parts of the recordings. The vocals on TATE2 are frequently (to my ears anyway) rougher than TATE1.
The other odd thing is that TATE1 sounds like it has heavy use of Marr's 12 string Rickenbacker - you can hear the midrange jangle with the trademark chiming top end. You can hear a similar sound on the early BBC recordings. TATE2 sounds like it has more Telecaster - more strident piercing tone. But I thought that Marr didn't get hold of a Tele until he used one of Porters while re-recording The Smiths. TATE2 also has a different drum sound (the dreaded 80's gated snare?) and the guitars are mixed way down - all things that someone with a sound engineering background might say represents more sophisticated mix.
If you're still with me, I expect you're wondering where I'm going with all this. Well I have a theory that TATE2 might actually be from Porter's attempt at patching up the Tate recordings. Quite a few of his hallmarks seem to be present.
Personally I think TATE1 is fantastic, and the version of Reel Around The Fountain is far and away the best recording of that song. The mix on TATE2 just kills it for me. Not to say that TATE1 is the final mix either, but that it at least represents the recordings that would have been used.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 18-Nov-2010 19:02 (after 2 days 7 hours)

[Quote]

Shanker, that's interesting analysis. You have a better ear for detail than me.
A attempted re-work of the Tate sessions by Porter would make sense, but I'd be surprised that no one had mentioned that fact before. IIRC Simon Goddard spent time Porter and Marr when he wrote the book and I can't think of reason my they wouldn't mention it.
I e-mailed Simon when the different sessions emerged. He said that he was all Smithed out after writing Songs That Saved Your Life, but since then he's written Mozipedia so maybe he has renewed interest. Perhaps unsurprisingly for a demo tape from 1983, Mozipedia has no new information.
I'll dig out his e-mail and point him in the direction of this thread.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Jul 15:13