[Quote]

... here: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=94820
It's an oldie... Some of you older people might remember:
Morrissey
Corn Exchange, Cambridge (UK)
9 Feb 1995 + filler
liberated silver bootleg "In Person - 18 Big Hits from the Camden Slugger!"
(Chelsea Records CFC 028; 1995)
A solid audience recording from Cambridge + a single bonus track from an earlier tour stop in Scotland. Until the 1 minute mark in "Billy Budd", the sound is kind of muddled, but then it clears up after a brief drop-out.
69'27", 371 MB FLAC encoded (level 8/Verify/Align on sector boundaries)
01. intro (Jerusalem)
02. Billy Budd
03. Have-A-Go Merchant
04. Spring-Heeled Jim
05. You're The One For Me Fatty
06. The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get
07. Whatever Happens, I Love You
08. We'll Let You Know
09. Jack The Ripper
10. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
11. National Front Disco
12. Moon River
13. Hold On To Your Friends
14. Boxers
15. Now My Heart Is Full
16. Speedway
encore
17. Shoplifters Of The World, Unite
BONUS TRACKS
18. Used To Be A Sweet Boy (1995-02-04 Civic Hall, Motherwell)
[19. Black-Eyed Susan (studio version, unreleased at the time of release of this bootleg, subsequently included on the "Sunny" CD-EP)] NOT INCLUDED
Enjoy!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
from http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/gigs/moz-gi9502box.htm
9 February 1995
Corn Exchange, Cambridge
Billy Budd
Have-A-Go Merchant
Spring-Heeled Jim
You're The One For Me Fatty
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Whatever Happens, I Love You
We'll Let You Know
Jack The Ripper
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
National Front Disco
Moon River
Hold On To Your Friends
Boxers
Now My Heart Is Full
Speedway
/Shoplifters Of The World Unite
This was another very good concert, but the security staff stopped helping people on stage, so only a few fans made it up there. Morrissey was much more talkative than for the previous concert. Morrissey still had his fake scars and bruises, so after "We'll Let You Know", to someone who enquired about what happened to his forehead, he wittily replied "It was the NME". Once again "Used To Be A Sweet Boy" was removed from the set list, this time for the rest of the tour.
Entering stage, Morrissey greeted his fans with "You made it... I'm so pleased". In "Have-A-Go Merchant", he slightly changed one line to "as always I'm here right beside you". In "Spring-Heeled Jim", he changed "his head should be spinning ah, but no!" to "... ah yes!" The tambourine Morrissey shook and threw into the audience during "You're The One For Me Fatty" again read 'SELF SELF SELF'. After "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" Morrissey enquired "Do any of you actually come from Cambridge?... mmm... mmm... mmm... mmm... mmm... mmm...". After the next song, he continued on the subject: "I suppose that when I asked the question about whether anybody here came from Cambridge... it was a very silly question, I realise that, but I... I was...".
In "We'll Let You Know", Morrissey changed a line from "We sadly know" to "Of course we know" and ended with the slightly alternate "We are the last truly British people you couldn't stand to know, and so on...". As he always did when performing that song live, Morrissey skipped the last verse in "Jack The Ripper". Fans kept shouting requests at Morrissey so before "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself" he replied to someone "I thought 'Pregnant For The Last Time' was a terrible record". Then after that song, he said to someone else "I thought 'Tony The Pony' was a terrible record". In "The National Front Disco", Morrissey changed a line to "Ah, have we lost our boy" and skipped the title, the "Ah, then you might do" and the "When you've settled the score" lines. The song ended in an extended chaotic jam of feedback, then segued into the very mellow "Moonriver".
After "Hold On To Your Friends", as the fans were chanting his name, Morrissey asked them "Are you bored yet?... are you sure?". Then after the next number, because someone had asked for "Michael's Bones", he went round his band members and said "This is called 'Michael's Bones'". He checked out the crowd's shocked reaction then said "joke" and launched into "Now My Heart If Full". In that song Morrissey simplified a line by singing "just some rain-coated lovers' brothers". In main set closer "Speedway", Morrissey changed a line to "when you try to break my spirit, it just won't happen". While waiting for their idol to come back and perform "Shoplifters Of The World Unite", the only Smiths song in Morrissey's live set at the time, the audience broke into another chant of their idol's name.
"November Spawned A Monster" and "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" were soundchecked, but neither of them were performed on this tour.
The manufactured bootleg cd "In Person" features a very good audience recording of the full concert. The cd includes as bonus tracks "Used To Be A Sweetboy" from Motherwell earlier on this tour and the studio version of "Black Eyed Susan" because that song was unreleased at the time.
This concert is available in its entirety on bootleg VHS.
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Longevity: 11 years

Post 08-May-2006 20:36 (after 2 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks a lot, as always.
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 11-May-2006 19:10 (after 2 days 22 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you Waterisnat!!
If anybody wants I can seed the Wembley - November 17, 1995 DVD.
I corrected the audio using the "Practicing Troublemaker" CD, Waterisnat seeded that audio here
last week.
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Post 11-May-2006 20:49 (after 1 hour 39 minutes)

[Quote]

If anybody wants I can seed the Wembley - November 17, 1995 DVD.
I'd really like this one. :D
Thanks in advance...
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 24-Mar-2008 20:16 (after 1 year 10 months)

[Quote]

Thanks!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Nov 23:17