SMITHS MIGHT REFORM !

Go to page :  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Bluey ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 09-Jul-2007 20:57

[Quote]

Just seen in the Guardian that Marr and Morrissey have patched up there differences . But says they don`t talk about reforming . It`s still a possibility though ! What does everybody think about that news ?
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 10-Jul-2007 16:49 (after 19 hours)

[Quote]

Just seen in the Guardian that Marr and Morrissey have patched up there differences . But says they don`t talk about reforming . It`s still a possibility though ! What does everybody think about that news ?
Hope it never happens, it was 20 years ago - no going back.
I don't want music of the quality that Morrissey has recorded in much of his solo career being released as The Smiths.
[Profile] [PM]

stelvio massi

Post 10-Jul-2007 19:51 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Complete nonsens. Let dead things rest in peace. There is no need for a reforming of the Smiths, its like to marry a lost girlfriend from younger years to find out that times has been changed...
Moz is to clever to do this, he wouldnt get anything out of it. It would only be a (financial) bargain for the other Three, nothing else.
The Smiths are a wonderful, ended story in the mind of every fan. A reform would only wake up new, unfulfilled expectations...
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 10-Jul-2007 20:06 (after 14 minutes)

[Quote]

Presumably Rourke & Joyce still hate Morrissey's guts?
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123

Post 10-Jul-2007 23:33 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

They wouldn't turn a reunion down because of it though. It'd be the other way around.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 10-Jul-2007 23:45 (after 11 minutes)

[Quote]

I don't want music of the quality that Morrissey has recorded in much of his solo career being released as The Smiths.
Didn't Morrissey do most of the words and Marr do most of the music, if so, anything Morrissey has done since The Smiths split wouldn't sound anything like what the potential new Smiths would create.
I'd travel the length and breadth of the UK to see them if they did reform.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 12-Jul-2007 16:20 (after 1 day 16 hours)

[Quote]

Didn't Morrissey do most of the words and Marr do most of the music, if so, anything Morrissey has done since The Smiths split wouldn't sound anything like what the potential new Smiths would create.
I'd travel the length and breadth of the UK to see them if they did reform.
Apart from Viva Hate i've not liked his solo stuff.
Hasn't Marr moved on musically anyway?
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 13-Jul-2007 22:00 (after 1 day 5 hours)

[Quote]

According to Andy Rourke whilst being interviewed to plug the new DVD he and Mike Joyce have put together.
There is no Smiths music on the DVD "because Morrissey didn't want us to use it" not because of any legal issues.
"The last time I saw him [Morrissey] play was in Manchester 2 years ago. I saw Johnny play with Modest Mouse in Phoenix a couple of months ago and that was good".
Q: Are the rest of you back on speaking terms now?
A: I wouldn't say we we're all friends. I don't know if we'll ever get back together - never say never. You never know. People might suddenly start getting on.
[Profile] [PM]

MickDude

Post 19-Oct-2008 15:51 (after 1 year 3 months)

[Quote]

GOD! I hope this happens one day.
If I had a choice between
winning a million quid on
the lottery or The Smiths
reforming, I would of course
pick the million quid, but it
would be soooooo! cool to
see The Smiths play again.
MickDude
[Profile] [PM]

zacksfansite

Longevity: 9 years 1 month

Post 20-Oct-2008 01:48 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

I'd be happy if Morrissey did a tour dedicated to playing Smiths material.
[Profile] [PM]

MickDude

Post 20-Oct-2008 21:42 (after 19 hours)

[Quote]

That would be good...
Could you pick a set list that would be less than 8 hours long? :)
MickDude
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 21-Oct-2008 22:24 (after 1 day)

[Quote]

I'd be happy if Morrissey did a tour dedicated to playing Smiths material.
The only way i'd go see him live that.
Smiths and maybe a bit of Viva Hate.
Wouldn't happen of course, professional pride would prevent him from jettisoning his later solo work.
[Profile] [PM]

zacksfansite

Longevity: 9 years 1 month

Post 22-Oct-2008 23:25 (after 1 day 1 hour)

[Quote]

Wouldn't happen of course, professional pride would prevent him from jettisoning his later solo work.
Exactly.
I keep dreaming though.
[Profile] [PM]

dara

Longevity: 10 years

Post 24-Oct-2008 04:14 (after 1 day 4 hours)

[Quote]

This was in today's THE SUN by Gordon Smart.
IT’S the reunion no one thought was possible. But iconic Mancs THE SMITHS are “closer than ever” to setting aside their poisonous differences for a comeback.
Sources close to the band believe they could headline California festival Coachella in a one-off show next April for a huge pay day. Singer MORRISSEY turned down a £2.8million bid from the event organisers in 2006 but they will have massively upped the offer.
Any deal would mark a remarkable turnaround. Veg-loving frontman Morrissey has repeatedly vowed to never again share a stage with his former bandmates, guitarist JOHNNY MARR, bassist ANDY ROURKE and drummer MIKE JOYCE.
A source revealed, however: “It has looked impossible in the past but suddenly it all looks like it could happen.
“The buzz around the people who used to work for the band is they could play Coachella for a ludicrous amount of money. It’s closer than it ever has been. “The split was a messy affair, but time’s a healer.
IRVING AZOFF is being credited with making the band reconsider their position on a comeback. Earlier this year Morrissey hired the former MCA records head — recognised as one of the most powerful figures in music — to manage him. I understand his involvement is playing a big part in tempting the band to hook up.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 24-Oct-2008 08:24 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

This was in today's THE SUN by Gordon Smart.
IT’S the reunion no one thought was possible. But iconic Mancs THE SMITHS are “closer than ever” to setting aside their poisonous differences for a comeback.
Sources close to the band believe they could headline California festival Coachella in a one-off show next April for a huge pay day. Singer MORRISSEY turned down a £2.8million bid from the event organisers in 2006 but they will have massively upped the offer.
Any deal would mark a remarkable turnaround. Veg-loving frontman Morrissey has repeatedly vowed to never again share a stage with his former bandmates, guitarist JOHNNY MARR, bassist ANDY ROURKE and drummer MIKE JOYCE.
A source revealed, however: “It has looked impossible in the past but suddenly it all looks like it could happen.
“The buzz around the people who used to work for the band is they could play Coachella for a ludicrous amount of money. It’s closer than it ever has been. “The split was a messy affair, but time’s a healer.
IRVING AZOFF is being credited with making the band reconsider their position on a comeback. Earlier this year Morrissey hired the former MCA records head — recognised as one of the most powerful figures in music — to manage him. I understand his involvement is playing a big part in tempting the band to hook up.
Nightmare. I hope if they reform it's as Morrissey and Marr and not The Smiths.
"Money Changes Everything" :oops:
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Aug 07:52