Smiths Remasters / Box set

Reply to topic

steve ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 08-Aug-2007 09:03

[Quote]

There's a great interview with Johnny Marr in this months Word magazine, during which he talks about the Smith back calatogue.
He said he had been approached by Warners about a box set, and would love to remaster the back catalog ... but that they don't seem that interested anymore. He says how disappointed he is in the way Warners are marketing The Smiths.
However ... right at the end of the article, it says that since the interview Morrissey and Johnny have been in touch about the remasters / box set, and will be actively persuing it with Warners, and that it looks like we might see something in the next 18 months.
Sounds hopeful.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 08-Aug-2007 09:30 (after 27 minutes)

[Quote]

As long as both Marr and Morrissey are properly involved with the remastering process it should be a great set. Plus the two of them working together could help heal any rift and bring a re-union that much closer.
[Profile] [PM]

steve ®

Post 08-Aug-2007 10:52 (after 1 hour 22 minutes)

[Quote]

he's pretty clear in the interview that he considers a re-union a non-starter. He said he doesn't see the point
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 08-Aug-2007 11:17 (after 24 minutes)

[Quote]

Money would be a very good point. Fair enough Morrissey isn't exactly skint but Marr, Joyce, and Rourke aren't exactly loaded.
I know money isn't everything in life but it sure as hell would make the last three's life's that little bit better.
[Profile] [PM]

steve ®

Post 31-Aug-2007 07:48 (after 22 days)

[Quote]

This months Mojo has a small peice on the new smiths book ... but they also mention that they think a 4CD box set is 'finally' coming out soon. They also quote warners as saying they are interested in releasing remastered versions of the albums ... and also intend to release 2CD versions of them ... plus a re-release of all the singles on 7" and 12" Vinyl.
Would be great if that was all 100% accurate!
[Profile] [PM]

recordscans

Longevity: 10 years

Post 31-Aug-2007 08:19 (after 31 minute)

[Quote]

Was talking to a friend of mine who used to work at Warners and he remembers the box set was 6 cdr's about 4 years ago. One cd per album with b-sides and 1 cdr with all unreleased stuff.
He had them in his hands but had to give them back. :(
This was the time the last Best Of came out. Mozz and marr went ape shit about it and got lawyers onto warner for bad remastering, wrong titles, crap sleeve etc. and without their permission.
Must be worth a fortune by now.... as there were only a few of those reference cdr's made..
[Profile] [PM]

Irish Budd

Post 31-Aug-2007 22:28 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

It would great if they put a live DVD in the box set.
I'm not sure if all of the Galsgow barrowlands concert from 1985 was filmed but the footage from the show that was shown on the tube was amazing.
[Profile] [PM]

mg196

Post 02-Sep-2007 11:10 (after 1 day 12 hours)

[Quote]

Plus the two of them working together could help heal any rift and bring a re-union that much closer.
God, I hope not.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 02-Sep-2007 11:14 (after 4 minutes)

[Quote]

Plus the two of them working together could help heal any rift and bring a re-union that much closer.
God, I hope not.
Glad i'm not the only one opposed to the idea....
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 10-Sep-2007 00:45 (after 7 days)

[Quote]

My god. I think they're really coming.
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=07/09/07/1512212
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Aug 19:24