synch anomalies

Reply to topic

adventureboy ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 12-Nov-2007 09:09

[Quote]

I recently downloaded the Kilburn 23/10/86 gig with no probs. I viewed different sections of the VOB files on my PC and they appeared fine. Having then burned the VOB files onto a DVD to be played in a conventional player, I noticed that the sound appeared to slip out of synch with the footage in the later stages of the film. How is this possible? I mean, surely, the sound is linked to a particular bit of film, isn't it? Has anybody else experienced this or can give me any reason why it's happening. I use Nero 7 to burn.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 17-Nov-2007 19:21 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

It's not uncommon to hear a video go out of sync with the audio. On the PC, different players will exhibit different results.
Does this happen on all DVD players?
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve

Longevity: 9 years

Post 17-Dec-2007 16:27 (after 29 days)

[Quote]

I use Nero 7 as well..Did you happened to still be running Utorrent/Bittorrent program when you burned the copy?? I had this happen to a few dvds where the audio seemed to go out of sync from the video and I'm pretty sure the cause of it is because while I am burning the disc, I'm also downloading/seeding at the same time and its causing the Nero program to slip up..
My copy of the Kilburn DVD seems fine..Try burning it again with the torrrent program turned off and see what happened.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 17-Dec-2007 20:42 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

You could also try a program like Alcohol to make a fake DVD before burning to a real DVD.
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve

Longevity: 9 years

Post 21-Dec-2007 14:27 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

I don't know what to make of this anymore..I DL'ed the Polyform 2006 show from DAD..Eveything plays fine on my computer but when I go to burn it onto disc its gets out of sync during "let me kiss you" to the end of the program..
I've upgraded to the newest version of Nero and burned it at a slow speed but the same thing happens..even the preview plays just fine on my computer..noone else has reported this being a problem.. I'm in the processing of dling the torrent from this site as we speak..
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Sep 21:59