1984 0227 Canterbury Univ of Kent

Reply to topic

angryelvis ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 09-Dec-2007 15:46

[Quote]

I picked up a few boots over the years and tau has told me that most of them are good quality. I've included a jpg of the spectrum & frequency of track 6 and the main tau page. I wish I had good fun stories to go with them but I don't so I'll allow PJLM to address that for me.
Source: Silver CD > EAC WAVs > FLAC
from PassionsJustLikeMine.com:
27 February 1984
University Of Kent At Canterbury, Canterbury
Hand In Glove
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Girl Afraid
This Charming Man
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Still Ill
This Night Has Opened My Eyes
Barbarism Begins At Home
Back To The Old House
/What Difference Does It Make?
//Reel Around The Fountain
//You've Got Everything Now
//Handsome Devil
This concert went down well but was not among the most memorable ones of this tour. Morrissey was relatively talkative, although most of his banter consisted of extended song introductions. The audience was welcoming and not as rowdy as other ones on this tour. There was no change in the setlist.
After "Girl Afraid", Morrissey thanked the audience "Thank you this town is civilised... which causes a great shock..." then introduced the following number, "This Charming Man", with "This is a song about nature". He made a slight mistake in the lyrics near the end of that song. Next on the setlist was "Pretty Girls Make Graves" and it was introduced with the line "And now something a little more serious". After "Still Ill" Morrissey said something about "Miserable Lie" which might have been requested but not on the planned setlist. "Barbarism Begins At Home" was introduced with "This is a terribly rough song, it's called 'Barbarism Begins At Home'." The following number, "Back To The Old House" was preceded by the words "This is for all you hopeless dreamers".
For some reason the band exited stage after "Back To The Old House", apparently despite the fact that one more song, "What Difference Does It Make?", was planned in the main set. They were soon called back and performed the latter planned song as a first encore. The following three songs which were usually performed at this point in time over two encores were all performed here as one, the second encore.
So as the Smiths returned to the stage for the second time, before going into "Reel Around The Fountain", Morrissey exclaimed "No!" to some request shouted by a fan. "You've Got Everything Now" was then introduced in a high pitched voice, Morrissey was probably mocking someone in the audience. After that song someone shouted "Handsome Devil" which happened to be the next planned number, so Morrissey matter-of-factly exclaimed "Okay" before launching into it. The band made quite a few mistakes in its performance, they might have been distracted by fan on stage or attempting to make it there.
Au audience recording of the full concert is available from certain bootleg traders, but it is not found on file sharing networks yet. A fair quality recording found on the internet lacks set opener "Hand In Glove".
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 09-Dec-2007 16:07 (after 20 minutes)

[Quote]

Excellent, many thanks :)
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 09-Dec-2007 16:23 (after 15 minutes)

[Quote]

Thank you very much!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 09-Dec-2007 19:14 (after 2 hours 51 minute)

[Quote]

Great to see new recordings still surfacing.
[Profile] [PM]

arkil

Post 09-Dec-2007 22:11 (after 2 hours 56 minutes)

[Quote]

nice surprise !
thank you :)
silver cd ?.. could you let us know the name of the bootleg, if it has one ? (haven't seen it on akiraware...)
arkil
[Profile] [PM]

angryelvis ®

Post 09-Dec-2007 22:15 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

well, that kind of explains what the term silver cd means... I just kinda stole that line from one of David's posts. The CD is silver though..... :oops:
[Profile] [PM]

arkil

Post 09-Dec-2007 22:18 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

oh ok .. lol ;)
[Profile] [PM]

fki

Post 10-Dec-2007 06:36 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you!
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 10-Dec-2007 21:59 (after 15 hours)

[Quote]

excellent! many thanks angryelvis!
[Profile] [PM]

steve23yh

Longevity: 10 years

Post 11-Dec-2007 15:09 (after 17 hours)

[Quote]

Magic! Many thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 11-Dec-2007 16:33 (after 1 hour 23 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks very much angryelvis!
[Profile] [PM]

steve23yh

Longevity: 10 years

Post 12-Dec-2007 22:14 (after 1 day 5 hours)

[Quote]

Is it something that went wrong with my file conversions, or are there really significant sound problems on Girl Afraid and This Charming Man? Static, skipping - or was this on the source?
[Profile] [PM]

angryelvis ®

Post 15-Dec-2007 11:22 (after 2 days 13 hours)

[Quote]

Nothing wrong on your end. Unfortunately that is how it sounds straight off the disc.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 19-Dec-2007 07:38 (after 3 days)

[Quote]

Thanks angryelvis!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 21-Oct 17:33