Morrissey and David Cameron

Reply to topic

dlgladwin ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 11-Jan-2008 11:39

[Quote]

UK political blogger Paul Linford has this morning posted about Tory leader David Cameron's adoption of Morrissey as a "musical hero."
He addresses Cameron's visit to Salford Lads Club, and quotes an interesting angle on his choice of This Charming Man as a Desert Island Disc:
"Presumably Cameron chose This Charming Man on Desert Island Discs in the hope that people would think the title suited him. Of course, anyone having found the time since 1983 to listen to the lyrics with anything approaching care will have wondered whether he saw himself as the boy on the desolate hillside with his punctured bicycle, waiting for nature to make a man of him, or the charming man who happens by in his charming car, where the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat."
The whole article, plus any comments, is at Paul Linford's blog:
http://paullinford.blogspot.com/2008/01/heaven-know...ionable-now.html
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 11-Jan-2008 20:26 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Cameron might just genuinely be a Smiths fan.
These days it tends to be looked down on so i don't think he'll have said it to be "down with the kids" , if he did then he needs new advisors!
I'm sure Cameron sees himself as a "Handsome Devil" but he probably thought the "A boy in the bush is worth two in the hand" and "Let me get my hands on your mammary glands" lines would raise a few eyebrows.
I nominate Still Ill for "England is mine and it owes me a living" and "Not like the old days anymore" as a better choice for a prospective Tory PM.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 23-Sep 21:59