Smiths box set?

Go to page :  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

evil_jack ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 20-May-2008 04:29

[Quote]

well...I just bought 45rpm singles box set of The Jam...and it's good....
this is CD box set, but in original vinyl covers, the CDs look like mini vinyl records...it is great idea...
(and CDs contain promo videos...whoa!)
I just thought that Smiths can print some box set in this way, especially for some rare vinyl singles...
i'm collecting CD single versions now, but it's impossible to collect b-sides completely without vinyl singles...
Anyone has idea or news about the Smiths box set? - well, I remember that Johnny talked about that before...
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Longevity: 11 years

Post 20-May-2008 06:40 (after 2 hours 11 minutes)

[Quote]

Yes I have "The Clash" and "T. Rex" box sets and are both well worth having. I hope they do put out a box set of The Smiths, would be a dead cert for my collection ;)
[Profile] [PM]

ezears

Post 10-Oct-2008 06:46 (after 4 months 21 day)

[Quote]

Looks like the much talked about box set is almost here.
Excerpt from Rhino.uk:
"Rhino UK are proud to present “Singles Box”: a clamshell card box containing the first ten UK-issued singles in their original picture sleeves. What makes this particularly special is the two singles which are exclusive to this box set: These unique inclusions are the projected fourth single - “Still Ill” (which was pressed only as DJ promo “A” label) but was ultimately passed over and replaced by “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” along side the Dutch release of “The Headmaster Ritual” housed in it’s black & white “cowboy” sleeve – the rarest commercially issued Smiths’ single in any territory. The box is completed with four contemporary badges, a poster featuring the single artworks as well as an authentication certificate that contains a unique redemption code for mp3 downloads of the tracks. An absolute must have item for Smiths‘ fans, and limited to 10,000 copies only. All singles utilise the original production masters from the period."
http://www.rhino.co.uk/rhino-store/products,the-smiths-singles-box_2557.htm
There's fuss about the artwork already. I think a better box cover choice could have been made (chosen by Morrissey apparently). I don't see the connection (or irony) in the choice. Maybe if the coloring was subdued like most Smiths covers were.
Regardless, looks like I'll have to put it on my Christmas wish list, and good timing (or not) as it will be pricey for us in the States, no matter where you find it (Sirendisc, amazon.uk)
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 11-Oct-2008 07:54 (after 1 day 1 hour)

[Quote]

The first 10? Why just those?
Anyway as far as i'm aware the French There Is A Light with the Boy With Lollipop design is rarer than the cowboy Headmaster Ritual, and the sleeve is far more collectable seeing as it was used in one of the most popular Smiths T-shirts at the time.
Maybe there'll be a second box set with that?
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 11-Oct-2008 14:07 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

Anyway as far as i'm aware the French There Is A Light with the Boy With Lollipop design is rarer than the cowboy Headmaster Ritual, and the sleeve is far more collectable seeing as it was used in one of the most popular Smiths T-shirts at the time.
Yes there will be a second box set and the "There Is A Light..." french single is considered at this point in time as one of the bonuses.
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

evil_jack ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 14-Oct-2008 04:42 (after 2 days 14 hours)

[Quote]

Ummm....7"singles boxset... anyway, I'll get it yep
[Profile] [PM]

xavaar

Longevity: 9 years 2 months

Post 14-Oct-2008 09:37 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

i can't buy it because it's an obligation to live in UK... i'm a funcking french !
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 15-Oct-2008 06:40 (after 21 hour)

[Quote]

here other option to buy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiths-Vinyl-Singles-Box/dp/B001GNTFFQ
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 10-Jul-2009 08:08 (after 8 months 26 days)

[Quote]

here CD Version!!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Singles-Box-CD5-version-Smi...13244&sr=1-1
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 10-Jul-2009 12:50 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Wouldn't mind disc 10!
Great 12" is "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" with those Live at Oxford songs on the b-side.
Sooner have the Sandie Shaw "Hand In Glove" single than "Barbarism..." though.
[Profile] [PM]

matti

Post 10-Jul-2009 17:12 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Yes there will be a second box set and the "There Is A Light..." french single is considered at this point in time as one of the bonuses.
Stephane
Sounds great and Australian Ask would be cool too.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 7 months

Post 13-Jul-2009 11:38 (after 2 days 18 hours)

[Quote]

just bought the box , what an excellent set . any notification for the second set and what the contents will be ?
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 13-Jul-2009 11:40 (after 1 minute)

[Quote]

http://www.rhino.co.uk/rhino-store/products,the-smiths-singles-box-cd-version_2724.htm
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 7 months

Post 13-Jul-2009 13:55 (after 2 hours 15 minutes)

[Quote]

thanx anovella thats the set i've just bought . the info i'm after is concerning the second box set with the remaining singles and will it include the singles omitted that were in the 7" box set ? repackage , repackage , remortage ...... is there anymore smiths rarities to appear that have not been released ???????
[Profile] [PM]

hieroglyphic city

Post 21-Jul-2009 18:52 (after 8 days)

[Quote]

For those who care.... it seems there hasn't been much attention paid to detail on this new CD box set..
Apparently, "Stretch Out And Wait" is the World Won't Listen mix.. and not the 12" b side with the original lyrics.
"Rubber Ring"/"Asleep" segue has been cut off in the middle. :(
I know, they're all minor details, but isn't the beauty supposed to be in the detail?
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 11-Dec 07:24