Morrissey - New York Limelight - 24/12/92

Reply to topic

Dr Wolfenstein ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 04-Mar-2009 21:47

[Quote]

Got this on tape from a good man on here Loadedmoz so cheers to you buddy :D
This is one i have just authored its a small file but in dvd vbo files with a menu and the songs have chapters
Its only 36 minutes long so thats why its such a small file. Here's the info i got from passionsjustlikemine
24 November 1992
Limelight, New York, NY
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
Sister I'm A Poet
Certain People I Know
November Spawned A Monster
You're The One For Me, Fatty
The Loop
Interesting Drug
Glamorous Glue
The first of the three New York gigs was a big disappointment for many fans. It was booked in a nightclub, so the stage was very small and there was not enough space for a backdrop. There wasn't an opening act, just techno music. Throughout the show, there was a lot of crowd surfing and stage diving. The doors had been closed by the Fire Dept. and the place was really packed, more than it was legally allowed. The band was warned that they would have to stop the concert, and this is what happened, only halfway into the planned set. The reason given was overbooking and fire hazard, but there were fights in the audience, and that certainly didn't help.
At midnight, MTV's Dave Kendall came on stage and announced to an impatient crowd that "The Mozzerman" would be taking the stage in half an hour. Morrissey finally came on, followed by his band. As early as the opening song, "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys", fans started to climb on stage, trying to reach their idol. During the second number, "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful", Morrissey gradually unbuttoned his shirt to reveal the words "SLIP IN" written across his chest.
After "November Spawned A Monster", Morrissey started to say "I would say that you seem to be..." but was interrupted by someone who shouted for "Oscillate Wildly", which prompted him to reply "Oh yeah, we'll do that one". After "You're The One For Me, Fatty", Morrissey started to look overwhelmed by the action on stage and in front of him, and the security trying to keep control of the situation.
During the beginning of "The Loop", Morrissey shook a tambourine which he threw into the audience when it was time for him to grab the microphone. After "Interesting Drug", he asked the packed audience "Are you nice and comfortable?". Halfway into "Glamorous Glue", which was to be the final number of the evening, Morrissey left the stage and the band noisily finished the song without vocals. As they did with usual set closer "The National Front Disco", the song ended in an improvised jam of feedback. Gary poured beer over and smashed his bass, Spencer violently smashed his drums and they left as well.
Other songs on the planned set list were: "He Knows I'd Love To See Him", "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference", "I Know Its Going To Happen Someday", "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side", "Suedehead" and possibly "The National Front Disco".
"Pashernate Love" and "There Speaks A True Friend" were heard at the soundcheck.
ENJOY AND SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
Dr Wolfenstein
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Longevity: 11 years

Post 04-Mar-2009 22:34 (after 46 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks a lot!!!!! "Dr Wolfenstein"
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Longevity: 11 years

Post 05-Mar-2009 00:46 (after 2 hours 12 minutes)

[Quote]

Hello Dr W
Thanks for putting this up. I don't want to sound picky, but I was wondering about the hardware you used to transfer the VHS to digital. Did this go through a DVR? If yes you might want to set your recording speed to XP or something similar, depending on the brand. I know the show is only 36 minutes, but at the best level of quality, this should use about 2.5 gigs.
thanks...
[Profile] [PM]

Dr Wolfenstein ®

Post 05-Mar-2009 10:49 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

Hey no worries i understand what your saying. I put it through a Sony RDR HX525 when i ran the transfer i noticed that i had transferd 2 shows Limgelight & Astoria 92 onto the HDD which i done at ESP mode as that came to 2.6gig. So when i put them onto disc and onto here i put it through TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 and then noticed this while i was putting the chapter points in, so i decided to cut out the Astoria Show and do that one today thats why it went down in size so much. So if you want i'll run it back through the dvd rec for this show at HQ its not skin off my nose just ask!
Dr W
[Profile] [PM]

Dr Wolfenstein ®

Post 05-Mar-2009 11:33 (after 44 minutes)

[Quote]

Ok sorry for the mess up first off people, as this sony recorder is brand new and i'm only just really getting to grips with it and i am now in the process of recording this limelight show once again in HQ i shall reauthor it aswell plus i notice i done the last one in 16:9 which gives the gig the black bars at the top. So i'm sorry once again for the mess up and i shall have this sorted by today
Dr W
[Profile] [PM]

hansjoakim

Longevity: 8 years 11 months

Post 05-Mar-2009 14:38 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

no worries, W... i'm really looking forward to this one :)
thanks in advance!
[Profile] [PM]

Dr Wolfenstein ®

Post 05-Mar-2009 15:29 (after 51 minute)

[Quote]

i'm just about to hit the button for the authoring to being, god i'm useless haha i just noticed this has the wrong date on it to its not 24/12/92 its 24/11/92
STUPID ME HAHA
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 21-Oct 08:35