Did The Smiths ever play Radio City Music Hall in 1986...?

Reply to topic

monsterH ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 18-May-2009 08:35

[Quote]

This had been bugging me for some time. I was a sophomore at Rutgers University and remember reading that The Smiths were coming back to New York to play Radio City Music Hall. in part to make up for playing what Moz said was a terrible gig earlier in the summer at the Pier. Think I read this from the Daily Targum, Rutgers' student newspaper. I was hoping that the show would turn up here, and I looked at PJLM to see if this was listed in the audio bootleg section, but it wasn't.
Anyways, I was about to question my memory until I came across the Radio City Music Hall program I had kept at my mom's house (which I hadn't seen in 20 years - mom moving, me cleaning/throwing out my old junk - btw, it was from seeing OMD at Radio City in '86).
So, the question is - did this gig get cancelled? If not, does a bootleg of this exist?
I'm attaching a picture of the page in the program listing The Smiths concert for September 16, 1986 - I've cropped it to meet the attachment requirements, so it's a bit blurry, but still legible.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed more light on this, especially if you saw this show!
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH ®

Post 18-May-2009 08:38 (after 2 minutes)

[Quote]

And I should mention - I didn't see this show and never saw The Smiths live - this was my best chance - a regret for certain...
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 18-May-2009 12:21 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/gigs/smiths-gi8607us.htm
Miami, Atlanta, Nashville, and New York got cancelled so no.
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH ®

Post 18-May-2009 23:39 (after 11 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks for clearing that up!
[Profile] [PM]

leftjab

Longevity: 5 years 1 month

Post 27-Oct-2012 22:45 (after 3 years 5 months)

[Quote]

I had a ticket for the Radio City Music Hall show, and vividly remember finding out that morning it was cancelled. It would have been the only Smiths show I ever saw, but it was cancelled and they never played the US again. Sounds like a subject for a song.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 15-Dec 02:19