Saying hi and a little more.

Reply to topic

toonewforglue ®

Longevity: 8 years 1 month

Post 01-Jul-2009 17:37

[Quote]

Hello everyone! I just found this great community last night, it's really a great site!
I've only just recently (a couple weeks ago actually) started to become a little more than obsessed with The Smiths. One of my girl friends has been a Morrissey worshipper for years, she would play The Smiths around me and I enjoyed a few of their songs, but it really wasn't my taste. Now after listening to full albums many times I have to say they are one of the best bands of all time, which I'm sure everyone here would agree. I've had two opportunities to see Morrissey for free, once in Chicago and the other in South Carolina, but turned them both down... and even though I don't like Morrissey as much as The Smiths, I'm kicking myself now for not going. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to the members that share their great music and to the seeders that seed it.
A quick question too, I would love to be able to contribute audio to this site but I don't see many bootlegs on eBay, are there any sites that have a number of bootlegs for sale?
[Profile] [PM]

DAVIE

Post 01-Jul-2009 18:17 (after 40 minutes)

[Quote]

Get the bootlegs free, my friend!!! From here and this site too http://mozzbozz.vox.com/library/posts/page/2/
Enjoy, there's loads!!!
[Profile] [PM]

toonewforglue ®

Post 01-Jul-2009 18:27 (after 10 minutes)

[Quote]

Wow, that site will keep me good and busy! Thanks for the heads up DAVIE!
BTW, I'm a solid bass guitarist, if you can pick me up then count me in. :lol:
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Longevity: 11 years

Post 01-Jul-2009 22:30 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Just a quick word about the Mozzbozz suggestion. Though the site is a great resource for the beginner, you will soon find out that many of the recordings there are inferior to the ones you'll find here. I'm not just saying that because Mozzbozz has MP3s while we trade lossless files, but because we are lucky to have here users who either recorded a wealth of shows, or have very low generation recordings that they acquired straight from the recorders. The MP3 counterparts commonly circulated on the internet are very often from higher generation tapes, meaning that they were copied many times from tape to tape before being transfered to digital files. They are also sometimes incomplete, badly edited, corrupted or misdated.
For more information on specific shows/recordings, I suggest you check the 'Unofficial recordings' section of "Passions Just Like Mine" at http://www.PassionsJustLikeMine.com/
Oh, and welcome...
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

DAVIE

Post 03-Jul-2009 17:46 (after 1 day 19 hours)

[Quote]

Very true, but it's just a lot easier and you don't have to seed or anything, much easier than torrent tbh, toonewforglue you seem like a cool bassist!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Aug 05:59