Circulating Smiths shows (audio)

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

pjlm

Longevity: 13 years

Post 08-May-2010 00:40

[Quote]

David, that's quite a list...
I got the total length by queuing the files in Winamp. In the case of cds and dvds I just put them in my player and it gives me the total length.
I added the info about the length because I sometimes get people asking for it. Of course it should be taken with a grain of salt. A different length doesn't necessarily mean a different recording. But nowadays people copy from cd to cd, or cd to files, or files to cd, FLAC to MP3, etc, so all this should not affect the length (unless someone decides to trim out excess crowd noise or banter). It did back in the days of tapes and VHS, but not anymore.
All in all I don't think the length is the most important piece of info in that list. But if it confuses people more than it helps them, I may remove it.
As for Brian's question, I have not put up the list as a tool to identify a recording. That would be almost impossible to do. It's just an inventory of what's out there. But if someone has a recording of a show, and only one is listed for that date (as is the case most of the time), they are almost 100% sure to be the same. In other cases, there are other details that may help them, such as total length, or details such as "lacks intro to track #1" for example. In doubt about the date they can always click on the concert description and compare with stuff like Morrissey's banter.
I redid those lists because they were too advanced for the casual collectors, but not enough for the hardcore ones like us at Smithstorrents. So I decided to gear them more our way and list everything, and with more info. Again, if anyone has any suggestions, this is the time for them, as I'm doing the Morrissey ones now and it's A LOT of work...
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

bucsikriszta

Post 20-May-2010 16:47 (after 12 days)

[Quote]

Is there a circulating lossless version of the 1984-12-01 Paris show? I don't believe that one has been up on the tracker.
Krisztina
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 20-May-2010 16:50 (after 3 minutes)

[Quote]

I have that one so I'll seed it here. Kick me if I forget.
[Profile] [PM]

bucsikriszta

Post 20-May-2010 16:53 (after 2 minutes)

[Quote]

Thank you very much!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 20-May-2010 19:31 (after 2 hours 38 minutes)

[Quote]

I have that one so I'll seed it here. Kick me if I forget.
Now here.
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 22-May-2010 02:02 (after 1 day 6 hours)

[Quote]

I have just found two shows that are not seeded here. Actually they are not in common circulation at all. They are
1985.03.07 Brighton Dome
1986.07.16 Glasgow Barrowlands
We have Soundsville Steve's recordings of both those shows, but not these alternates. I've refrained from putting them up here because I suspected they may be Soundsville Paul's. I thought if they were, Steve would eventually put them up here. But he hasn't and he seems to have exhausted his recordings.
Steve, if you can confirm whether or not you have some recordings by Paul for those dates, I'd appreciate it. If you do, I expect that's what I have. If you don't, then I will put them up here for everyone.
thanks,
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

steve

Post 23-May-2010 17:05 (after 1 day 15 hours)

[Quote]

I do have a number of Paul's masters from the 85 tour that I haven't transferred. For many of the shows we both recorded them ... but I've only put up one of each.
I don't think Paul recorded the Glasgow 86 show.
[Profile] [PM]

dazw2001uk

Longevity: 10 years

Post 01-Jun-2010 16:51 (after 8 days)

[Quote]

Hello all:
I have cross referenced a list of known circulating Smiths shows that I found on the internet some years ago with all of the recordings that have been made available here on Smithstorrents (one of the BEST torrent sites going) Only 1 show out of 160 that is not seeded here from master or low gen. tapes.
If anyone owns or has access to any of these missing shows could you please help them see the light of day. Also, we all owe a huge debt of gratitude to Soundsville Steve for his efforts over the past few years for liberating his impressive Smiths archive. Not only for that but for sharing some stories that surrounded his recordings added a really nice and rare personal element. Kudos Steve.
I'm in the process of doing something similar but plan to post it up in the forum somewhere (that's if there's a need for it).
It will basically be a list of ever gig date by The Smiths plus known recordings, with links to information about the gig and torrents on here.
It will also be indexed, I'll divide up the dates so it'll be easy to go to a specific year/period in the gig history.
:oops: The thing is I started it off just as a personal reference but thought it might be good to have on this forum?? So I'm now after permission to use the information I will be using/linking to.
pjlm if you read this, I just want to know if it'll ok to use the info from your excellent website?
I've used the audio bootleg known recordings list,gig dates & gig information as information/links within the list, so just want to know if it's ok to post here.
Also DavidA, will this be ok with you?
Cheers :wink:
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 01-Jun-2010 21:36 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

I'm not quite sure I understand what form this will take. You can link to my webpage all you want.
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

dazw2001uk

Longevity: 10 years

Post 04-Jun-2010 10:58 (after 2 days 13 hours)

[Quote]

Thanks Stephane.
Just posted the list now, hope it's ok but suggestions/comments are very welcome :wink:
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 22-Jul 09:59