Smithtorrents DVDs being sold in NYC record store

Reply to topic

modrevolve ®

Longevity: 9 years 9 months

Post 03-Sep-2009 13:27

[Quote]

Unreal..I was in New York City yesterday doing some record shopping and happened upon a store off of Bleeker street that was playing a Smiths dvd. Upon further inspection, I realized it was this compliation so gernously donated to the site a few years ago. Saw this exact cover behind the counter with the asking price of $29.99 for the double disc set.
I'm really tired of people coming on this site, downloading torrents and then selling them for a profit. You people should be ashamed of yourselves!
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Longevity: 11 years

Post 03-Sep-2009 13:34 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

its depressing to hear out this. and it's no wonder why so many recording will never
see he light of day.
i still think we should make this site somewhat private. a lot of members just grab and leave
and never contribute anything. I'm down with a membership fee/dues. that will also rub out all
the scumbags who are selling.
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve ®

Longevity: 9 years 9 months

Post 03-Sep-2009 14:24 (after 50 minutes)

[Quote]

I have no problem paying a membership fee for this site. Its provided me hundreds of gems the past couple of years.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 03-Sep-2009 20:44 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

What's to stop Joe Bloggs from joining the site for a yearly membership of let's say $30 and doing the exact same thing as the person who sold the above item.
If he only sold the one, no profit. If he sold two, hey $30 profit. If he sells more than two, ker-ching, yes please.
The membership fee would have to be in excess of a probable profit as a seller in order for it to work the way you want it too.
Your average DVD get's a good 30 downloads from this site, times that by $30 and you're talking $900 per year membership to possibly keep the bad guys away. Doing this will sure as hell get rid of quite a few good guys.
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 03-Sep-2009 21:24 (after 40 minutes)

[Quote]

Selling bootlegs will always be out there, and nothing we can do will stop it. The best we can hope for is that people will be smart enough to search out the bootlegs on the 'net rather than line the pockets of sellers.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 4 months

Post 04-Sep-2009 10:47 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

agree robbo123 when i used to work in a record shop , we were always getting people trying to sell bootlegs , and also the owner had loads of bootlegs in the shop that he couldn't sell for obvious reasons . but recently walking round a second hand cd stall the seller must of had hundreds of various bootlegs with the beatles outtakes and numerous concerts being the most frequent cd's i came across . i personally have found various bootlegs on the net thet i would not of otherwise come across but have not or have no intention of selling .
[Profile] [PM]

DAVIE

Longevity: 8 years 1 month

Post 12-Jan-2010 20:04 (after 4 months 8 days)

[Quote]

Very depressing because as Smiths fans, nobody should be making any profit! I simply watch for entertainment, I'm not a collector or seller. A simple Smiths fan who wants to watch and listen to as much Smith stuff as possible!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 18-Aug 06:43