omarcolin ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 21-Oct-2009 06:55

[Quote]

Morrissey
The Met Theatre,Spokane WA
February 1,2000
Source: ??? > CD-R > EAC WAVs > FLAC
Confirmed as non-MP3 derived, by Tau Analyzer(except track 2 read below)
Torrent created on October 20,2009
Im still new to this and didnt know if it was ok to post this or not. I
ran the Tau Analyzer test on my disc and it showed all the files were
not mp3 but track two shows up as such. Didn't know what to do because
it was only that track. Decided to anyways because I love this show a
lot and thought others might still enjoy it. If anyone could help me
out and explain what the problem is Id really appreciate it. Enjoy.
The Boy Racer
Shoplifters Of the World Unite
Heir Apparent
Speedway
November Spawned A Monster
Is It Really So Strange?
Hairdresser On Fire
Half A Person
A Swallow On My Neck
Break Up the Family
Reader Meet Author
Alma Matters
Meat Is Murder
The Teachers Are Afraid Of the Pupils
I Can Have Both
Tomorrow
/Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
The first concert of the 2000 North American leg of the Oye Esteban tour was a success. Morrissey wasn't at this most energetic, nor were the fans, but the man was still in good spirits. A few fans made it on stage near the end.
This date saw the live debut of two songs, both b-sides from "Maladjusted" singles. "Heir Apparent" would never be performed again but "I Can Have Both" would be a setlist regular for the rest of this leg. Returning to the set was the Smiths' "Shoplifters Of The World Unite", played here for the first time since 1997. A number of setlist regulars from the first half of the Oye Esteban tour were not played. Songs like "Billy Budd", "Now My Heart Is Full", "Lost" or "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" would return on upcoming dates, but others like "Sunny" or "Roy's Keen" would not.
Morrissey came out in a plum coloured velvet jacket over a green English Martyrs shirt. He greeted his fans "It's great to be down on the 'Kan!". Set opener "The Boy Racer" segued straight into the returning "Shoplifters Of The World Unite". After that opening pair Morrissey said "I can't believe you're here... I can't believe I'm here!".
In "Heir Apparent" Morrissey slightly changed both occurrences of the line "you think it's so easy" to "you think this is easy". The song was very well received which prompted him to ask "Why are you screaming?". He then apologized "I'm sorry it's taken so long to come here but... nobody's ever asked me to come so..." After "Speedway" he said "So according to your local music paper, I'm an extremely intense British cult figure which... all of which is absolutely news to me because... I thought it was the rest of the world that was intense!".
After "November Spawned A Monster", Morrissey removed his shirt and apologized "I'm sorry to be such a show-off, but you know... I've come such a long way that I thought... what did I think?". After "Is It Really So Strange?" he made a few television-related remarks: "Steady on, this isn't the Jenny Jones show... have you noticed on the Jenny Jones show they clap for anything?... I've noticed, that's my life..." A fan shouted something about Jerry Springer and the man replied "Ah, I love Jerry Springer... I am Jerry Springer! I don't like Sally, though...".
Next up was "Hairdresser On Fire" and after that one Morrissey told someone shouting his name "This is a nervous reaction, you don't really mean it... you're shy, I know... when you're shy you call people's names out... I do..." After "Break Up The Family" he answered someone else "What d'you mean 'hang the DJ'? What's 'hang the DJ'? Is that my life, hanging the DJ? Oh God... I don't think (?) terribly wrong..." After "Reader Meet Author" he sarcastically asked yet another fan - this one shouting for "Everyday Is Like Sunday!" - "Can you shout that louder, please?... that never works... in fact nothing ever works...".
"Meat Is Murder" was introduced with the line "I know this is a country of prime beef... (someone shouts a snide remark, Morrissey laughs) Oh, stop it, stop it! This is a compassionate song about non-violence." After the song he replied to someone else's comment with "Yes, but do you know where your nearest slaughterhouse is? I bet you don't..."
After "The Teachers Are Afraid Of the Pupils" Morrissey joked "Look we know we're not as good as Third Eye Blind... and we know that we're not as good as Korn... and we know we'll never make it onto VH1... which is really all that matters.". The next song was then introduced with the line "this song is really wishful thinking... it's called 'I Can Have Both'... (to a fan cheering) Stop pretending!". In the song Morrissey reversed the lines "should I hang around to be inticed inside" and "should I wait and hope to be dragged inside" and replaced a few occurrences of the title line with "he can have both". The song's final chorus was dropped and immediately after the abrupt ending of the live arrangement Morrissey repeated his earlier comment "I am Jerry Springer".
Before going into main set closer "Tomorrow" Morrissey replied to someone with "I've always given up... I'd love to!" When he returned to the stage for the encore he thanked his audience "Thank you for letting me have you!" before going into "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me".
A rather good audience recording of the complete set is available on compact discs, sometimes with artwork under the title "Live In Spokane WA 2K". This is also on the internet via at least three different transfers. The best one was obviously lifted from a cd, the sound is just as good. The worst was very likely taken from a tape copy and is limited to the right channel
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 21-Oct-2009 09:20 (after 2 hours 25 minutes)

[Quote]

Nice tracklist, will download this later, thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

cliftdean74

Post 21-Oct-2009 10:57 (after 1 hour 36 minutes)

[Quote]

Any set list with Break Up The Family or Maudlin Street is a great one! Thanks for the post.
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 21-Oct-2009 12:45 (after 1 hour 48 minutes)

[Quote]

many thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

nickcoolboy

Longevity: 8 years 11 months

Post 22-Oct-2009 13:25 (after 1 day)

[Quote]

Thank you very much.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 22-Oct-2009 13:46 (after 21 minute)

[Quote]

Any set list with Break Up The Family or Maudlin Street is a great one! Thanks for the post.
When did he play Maudlin Street?
I always look for the Smiths songs first.
[Profile] [PM]

leche27

Post 23-Oct-2009 03:18 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

This and the last 2 torrents in this section are my masters (vancouver and salt lake '97)...all done with Sonic Studios DSM mics > Sony D8 DAT. I also did Boise from this run...
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Longevity: 12 years

Post 24-Oct-2009 00:06 (after 20 hours)

[Quote]

many thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

morrissey78

Post 24-Oct-2009 06:53 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

I had the left channel version... Thanks for this better version!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Apr 11:37