Favourite Bootleg?

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

SweetFA

Longevity: 13 years

Post 27-May-2006 08:29

[Quote]

I like all the Troy Tate stuff myself, they played hundreds of shows but the Demos are unique.
I wish they'd officially release all the Troy Tate demos, any alternative versions such as the Italian Mix of How Soon Is Now, and any Radio Session tracks that aren't on Hatful Of Hollow.
I believe there is a version of Ask before it was remixed for release too.
Basically any studio versions that aren't available.
[Profile] [PM]

dlgladwin

Post 30-May-2006 07:43 (after 2 days 23 hours)

[Quote]

I like all the Troy Tate stuff myself, they played hundreds of shows but the Demos are unique.
I wish they'd officially release all the Troy Tate demos, any alternative versions such as the Italian Mix of How Soon Is Now, and any Radio Session tracks that aren't on Hatful Of Hollow.
Dead right. There's easily enough for a box set, but without any band involvement it'd be much less appealing.
[Profile] [PM]

boobla69

Post 30-May-2006 10:54 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Dead right. There's easily enough for a box set, but without any band involvement it'd be much less appealing.
I disagree ,if the stuff is there it should be heard.
I've heard rumour of a possible 6 cd boxset.
Even if it comes out without a band member doing sleeve notes or the like , i think it will still be worthwhile.
[Profile] [PM]

dlgladwin

Post 30-May-2006 10:59 (after 4 minutes)

[Quote]

I didn't say I wouldn't camp outside a record shop and buy it the moment they opened, boobla69!
It's just that box sets with band involvement tend to have a better selection of tracks than those without (record labels seem to have an inbuilt dislike of rarities, and tend to put on as much from regular studio albums as they can) plus the sleeve notes are always better...I'd love a big thick booklet with comments from all concerned about each track.
[Profile] [PM]

boobla69

Post 30-May-2006 21:40 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

I didn't say I wouldn't camp outside a record shop and buy it the moment they opened, boobla69!
Glad to hear it. :D
As for band memebers choosing the contents , you'd have to assume there is a wealth of material. Don't really know if that is the case with the recordings the band left.
Really hope it happens anyway,for all our sakes. :lol:
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Post 31-May-2006 01:52 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

I didn't say I wouldn't camp outside a record shop and buy it the moment they opened, boobla69!.
HAHA I problably will do the same, but i'm still hoping for some great quality rarities if the boxset became a real! :roll:
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 01-Jun-2006 21:27 (after 1 day 19 hours)

[Quote]

I'd rather it was a warts and all collection myself, rather than pick the odd track here and there - i want the whole Troy Tate sessions, all unreleased radio sessions and studio versions.
If not we'll still be listening to bootlegs of most tracks, hardly a step forward.
Can't see the band agreeing on a track listing, maybe let Joyce & Rourke pick them :wink:
I suspect there'd be an awful lot of instrumental versions if that happened......
[Profile] [PM]

Diekmans

Post 07-Jun-2006 21:38 (after 6 days)

[Quote]

Thank Your Lucky Stars does sound wonderful - it's just a shame about the security guards deciding to beat up the audience at the end, thus spoiling both performance and enjoyment.
Just for this reason Thank Your Lucky Stars is my favorite bootleg. To hear Morrissey's comments about the security makes this show are real gem.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Jan 14:43