Morrissey 2002-08-26 Salt Lake City, Zephyr Club (new digital transfer from DAT master)

Reply to topic

leche27 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 02-Jan-2010 20:00

[Quote]

Morrissey
2002-08-26
Salt Lake City, Zephyr Club
DATmaster
SOURCE: Sonic Studios DSM6s > PA-6LC > Sony D8 DAT > digital transfer to PC via egosys2496
01 intro
02 I Want The One I Can't Have
03 Suedehead
04 Hairdresser On Fire
05 The First Of The Gang To Die
06 Jack The Ripper
07 Late Night, Maudlin Street
08 I Like You
09 Mexico
10 Sister I'm A Poet
11 Alsatian Cousin
12 Little Man, What Now
13 Everyday Is Like Sunday
14 The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
15 Meat Is Murder
16 Speedway
17 There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
NOTES:
My recording circulates within the Moz community but only from an analog transfer as I didn't have the capability to do digital transfers at that time. There was also some EQ'ing done to that version. This is my raw dat master, presented with no post processing whatsoever. I don't know if Moz has ever played a club this small...really, this place is tiny. The back and side of the stage are the plate glass windows between the venue and the street. After the last notes of the show Morrissey had to dash out the front door of the place to his bus. Listening back, these '02 setlists were fantastic. It was worth making the 700 mile roundtrip trek to capture these shows, especially this one. I have heard there is a video of this show ot there somewhere so I hope that gets out as well.
From http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/gigs/moz-gi0208us.htm
The first of two dates in Salt Lake City was a success. The venue was very small and security was tight, so there were no stage invasion, though quite a few attempts. Morrissey tried to help a few fans, notably near the end, instructing security to ... be gentle, but they wouldn't let anyone up.
Morrissey was in good spirits, and talkative as usual. Among the things he talked about with his fans, he mentioned about accepting to appear on the Craig Kilborn show on September 12th. He said he would perform The First Of The Gang To Die and doubted it would make any difference We haven't been on American TV in a hundred years... but then what good has it ever done for us. He also introduced his band as he did in other cities earlier in the tour. He joked about not making it for the second show the next day, then reassured his fans that he would make it, not understanding why they could think he would cancel.
Some fan in the crowd shouted Nobody holds a candle to you. There were rumours at some point that Morrissey wanted to cover a track of that title originally performed by Raymonde, a band led by once Smiths James Maker. The fan's shout seemed to surprise Morrissey who asked Who said that Who wrote that Do you know who wrote that..., to which the fan replied James Maker. Then intrigued Morrissey said ...astounding ...astounding and enquired How do you know that. The fan answered I read... damn that internet!.
There wasn't any encore as, because of the small size of the venue, the band had to leave from the front door. Morrissey already had a hard time getting out of the venue, he wasn't going to try making it back on stage for an encore.
Recorded by JLW.
Seeded on 01/10.
[Profile] [PM]

famouswhendead

Post 02-Jan-2010 21:28 (after 1 hour 28 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks again !
[Profile] [PM]

morrissey78

Post 04-Jan-2010 21:48 (after 2 days)

[Quote]

Thanks!!! Sounds Fantastic!!
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 06-Jan-2010 03:10 (after 1 day 5 hours)

[Quote]

Great stuff!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Dec 23:29