DVD of smithstorrents SOLD on EBAY

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

ravenslament.

Longevity: 10 years

Post 15-Aug-2010 08:23

[Quote]

tut tut morrisseysavedourlives the point of this site is to make these shows accessable to all without anybody making a profit from morrissey or any other source , i think what people here on smithtorrent are objecting to is that everything that is uploaded on to this site takes time to encode , seed and leech and then reseed . selling them on ebay is , in my opinion , just away for the person to charge extortionary prices for something that is otherwise available for free . i'm not against bootlegging , i just think that some people have ££££$$$$$ signs in their eyes . to quote damien dempsey 'why is there so much need ? , because of greed ' .
so here is something for ya , why are you on this site if you are against the sites policy of using the torrents for none profit ?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 13 years

Post 15-Aug-2010 11:58 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

There's no harm to any of you people in this action.
Honestly, if you want to get all moral about it, torrenting bootlegs is no more "legal" than selling hard copies.
Ten years ago ALL boots would have been sold. Torrents didn't exist.
All you little computer geeks need to calm down. I've seen people on M-Solo offer links to shows they got here, for NO REASON OTHER THAN TO MAKE THEM MORE ACCESSIBLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC, and the little bitches who created the torrents in the first place get their panties in a bunch because they are not credited by the M-Solo poster.
Not EVERYONE in the world understands torrents. Granted, I find them very convenient and simple, but not everybody is so computer savvy. For some people it is easier to just download directly from a single, central link. Or to buy the hard copy DVD-R. If they are willing to pay for it, what business is that of yours?
DID YOU PEOPLE write or perform the songs in the torrents? No. So shut it. Being proud of a good recording job, or a good editing job of a bootlegged show that you specifically had a hand in one way or another, is one thing. But even then, getting all territorial and uppity because someone doesn't engrave your name in gold on a Megaupload or Sendspace bootleg link...Jesus.
There was even a show (bootlegged itself, of course, and I'm sure you people are familiar with it) where Morrissey said, "I can see some of you are recording this concert, and...I hope you make lots of money!"
NONE of you have any cause to get up in arms. Talking about cancelling someone's ebay account..THAT is truly pathetic. These are tough times and as long as no one is being hurt, then I say, let people make money anyway they can.
And no, I am not the ebay guy, smartasses.
Calm down.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 15-Aug-2010 15:27 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Can i just say Morrissey didn't save my life. Thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Post 15-Aug-2010 16:30 (after 1 hour 2 minutes)

[Quote]

well said davida and sweet fa
[Profile] [PM]

steve

Post 16-Aug-2010 11:58 (after 19 hours)

[Quote]

Not EVERYONE in the world understands torrents. Granted, I find them very convenient and simple, but not everybody is so computer savvy. For some people it is easier to just download directly from a single, central link. Or to buy the hard copy DVD-R. If they are willing to pay for it, what business is that of yours?
It appears not everyone understands good manners either.
[Profile] [PM]

modrevolve

Longevity: 11 years

Post 16-Aug-2010 16:49 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

I actually don't have a problem with someone if they personally bootleg a show and want to sell it for a couple of bucks. They took the risk of bringing the equipment in if they did a good job should be a rewarded for it.
What I do have a problem with are the ones who download torrents and artwork from a site (this or any other number of them) and then sell them to those who don't know how to use a torrent site or unaware that they exist.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Post 17-Aug-2010 06:36 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

*applause*
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Jul 12:43