[Quote]

Welcome to the site Mozalini.
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Longevity: 13 years

Post 22-Apr-2006 01:49 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Hi David,
What you think about advertising the site in my mailing list?
I will send a mailing in a few days to announce the restart of my website.
The list is over 500 smiths and moz fans and if 5% decide to came here to download will be another 25 members, it's ok for you? Or is better to wait more? :?:
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123

Post 22-Apr-2006 05:26 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

I think he is trying to build up the amount of seeders before it can get released to hundreds..at the moment there is only about 2-4 people per gig seeding, so it would just be impossible if 50 odd people signed up expecting to download.
Is there anything you could do ratio-wise, just say you temporarily make the uploading ratio higher for newcomers, so they can only download one gig until they upload a couple? Meaning while the leeching would be increasing, the seeding would be.
:|
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 22-Apr-2006 09:08 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

There's nothing much clever I can do with ratios, just because the tracker I use doesn't have that feature. About the best I could do is give the people with bad ratios a privatemessage prod.
I think it's fine to add something to your mailing list, but perhaps with a little note that if you download that it's important to continue to seed. I don't think the problem is that people are unwilling to seed; it's that they don't know that it's important.
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Post 22-Apr-2006 15:56 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

There's nothing much clever I can do with ratios, just because the tracker I use doesn't have that feature. About the best I could do is give the people with bad ratios a privatemessage prod.
I think it's fine to add something to your mailing list, but perhaps with a little note that if you download that it's important to continue to seed. I don't think the problem is that people are unwilling to seed; it's that they don't know that it's important.
I agree, I will make a note about the sedding, I have a lot of traders in the mailing I hope more people start seeding you own collection instead downloading first :)
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 22-Apr-2006 19:32 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

As for getting the site going. I know it's a Smiths/Morrissey site but maybe allowing a few other early 80's indie bands might help a bit.
Keeping it a S/M only site leaves all those Cocteaus and Bauhaus et al fans in the wilderness and yearning for a place to call home.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 12-Dec 17:19