Just joined this site, any seeders?

Reply to topic

Broekhoest ®

Longevity: 7 years 6 months

Post 09-Jun-2010 21:21

[Quote]

Hi all,
I just joined this site with great stuff I'd like to have and seed after I got it...
But most items seem to have no seeders, althiugh most of them are noted as having 2 seeders or more, but I can't get connected....
Are there any seeders left?
Thanks
[Profile] [PM]

Post 09-Jun-2010 22:26 (after 1 hour 4 minutes)

Topic has been moved from forum Audio to forum Smiths

DavidA

DavidA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 09-Jun-2010 22:27 (after 1 hour 5 minutes)

[Quote]

I'm seeding everything here, but there's probably a queue on a lot of it. You'll need to be patient.
People generally respond to re-seed requests.
[Profile] [PM]

karma85

Longevity: 9 years 3 months

Post 10-Jun-2010 13:05 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

But most items seem to have no seeders, althiugh most of them are noted as having 2 seeders or more, but I can't get connected....
It could be a firewall problem. If both the seeder and the leacher are firewalled, there will be no connection.
[Profile] [PM]

angryelvis

Post 12-Jun-2010 01:41 (after 1 day 12 hours)

[Quote]

Yeah, David is right. If there isn't a seed, make a request. Every week or two I look at the posts that were made since I last visited and try to seed until the download is complete.
[Profile] [PM]

Broekhoest ®

Longevity: 7 years 6 months

Post 12-Jun-2010 20:18 (after 18 hours)

[Quote]

Is it clever to unable your firewall in windows? I've had several problems with Trojan Horses a few years ago. I guess disabling my firewall will speed up my share ratio, but on the other hand, i'm not protected against viruses etc. What do you suggest?
In the meanwhile I'll ask for some reseeds :-)
[Profile] [PM]

iisaphd

Longevity: 8 years 11 months

Post 20-Jun-2010 17:22 (after 7 days)

[Quote]

im seeding about 99.7% of evrything available and my server is up most of the time. the problem is that i only have 80 kbps allocated for uploading (of my 125 kbps). just be patient.
[Profile] [PM]

angryelvis

Post 28-Jun-2010 02:12 (after 7 days)

[Quote]

Broekhoest
It is never a good idea to disable your firewall. The firewall has almost no impact on your upload or download speed.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 28-Jun-2010 07:33 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

Use utorrent, it has an option for checking if your firewall etc is correctly setup for sending and receiving data via torrents.
If that comes back OK then the problem is likely due to a lack of seeders, some people show up as seeding things when they're actually seeding 100s of torrents at the same time and most of them are just queued.
Personally i don't leave things seeding all the time as i don't have my PC switched on all day but i log on to the site pretty much every day and if there's a specific request and i have the torrent i'll seed it until the person is complete and i'll just seed 1 or maybe 2 torrents at a time so the person leeching will get a decent share of my 1 megabit per second upload speed.
[Profile] [PM]

brunofaust

Longevity: 6 years 10 months

Post 24-Jan-2011 07:09 (after 6 months 25 days)

[Quote]

hi there everyone
i joined this site a couple of days ago and downloaded the live in madrid dvd (great stuff) with no problems... i also wanna seed a little bit, but it seems no one else is downloading, so my ratio is very slow. Will it affect my future downloads? in dimeadozen you can't download any torrent unless yer ratio is at least 0.25. do we have that rule here?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 24-Jan-2011 10:20 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

I forget what the exact setting is, but don't worry too much about it. Let me know if you have any problems. Thanks for seeding.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Dec 17:36