Bona Drag 20th anniversary edition, remastered & extra tracks (Sep. 27)

Reply to topic

Dr Wolfenstein ®

Longevity: 10 years

Post 13-Jul-2010 23:59

[Quote]

NOW THIS IS DAMN GOOD I THINK :) I LOVE THIS ALBUM SOOOOO MUCH!
Bona Drag reissue 27th Sep, remastered & extra tracks
with news of the reissue on the Radcliffe Maconie radio show. Details were posted shortly after on true-to-you.net:
Bona Drag: 20th Anniversary vinyl and CD editions release information - true-to-you.net
Excerpt:
To celebrate its 20th Anniversary, on 27th September, EMI will release through the resurrected 1960s Major Minor label, with Morrissey's full cooperation, a remastered Special Edition of Bona Drag.
Originally released to much acclaim in October 1990, Bona Drag perfectly captures Morrissey's effortless transition in becoming a solo artist. It brings together his exceptional first seven singles, four of which went Top 10: his triumphant Top 5 debut, "Suedehead"; the anthemic, apocalyptic lament to wet seaside towns, "Everyday Is Like Sunday"; "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys"; and "Interesting Drug". The Top 20s "Ouija Board, Ouija Board", "November Spawned A Monster", and "Piccadilly Palare" and a selection of high quality b-sides from the singles complete the album.
The compilation has now been remastered and overseen by Morrissey, and is updated with the addition of six previously unreleased and much coveted songs from the era:
- "Happy Lovers At Last United"
(Outtake from "Sunday" sessions)
- "Lifeguard On Duty"
(Outtake from Viva Hate sessions)
- "Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness" (demo)
(Outtake from Viva Hate, previously covered by Sandie Shaw)
- "Oh Phoney"
(Outtake from Bona Drag sessions)
- "The Bed Took Fire" (early version of "At Amber")
- "Let The Right One Slip In" (alternate long mix)
Directing the artwork for the reissue, Morrissey has chosen to return the cover art - taken from the "November" video - back to its natural colour, so his shirt is black. In addition, he has also decided to update the back and inner artwork with a selection of favourite, hand-picked and rarely-seen photos.
The LP version will be a double heavyweight 180g vinyl, housed in a wide-spine sleeve with a pull-out poster. The CD will be housed in a gatefold, card sleeve with an eight-page booklet, which will contain the aforementioned photos.
There will be more Morrissey news to come in the next month...
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 4 months

Post 14-Jul-2010 06:29 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

excellent , even though most of the 'unreleased' trax we probably have anyway on various bootlegs , but we will all probably go and buy it . intrigued with the more morrissey news to come though ... could it be new trax or another tour ???
[Profile] [PM]

rivum

Post 14-Jul-2010 11:49 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

The first four are on the "revelation" bootleg...not sure aboutt he other two - don't think i've seen those before.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Post 14-Jul-2010 14:04 (after 2 hours 15 minutes)

[Quote]

the bed took fire can be found on the never heard symphonies vol 2 bootleg (i obtained from the web a couple of years back but can't remember the name of the site unfortunately ) , Let The Right One Slip In" (alternate long mix) not sure if i've heard this one
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 14-Jul-2010 22:09 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Another Moz album i've yet to acquire on CD so i'll get the Reissue, Repackage version i expect!
Bought it on tape when it came out, wasn't too impressed at the time really but some of the songs have grown on me.
[Profile] [PM]

XAVeRY

Longevity: 9 years 3 months

Post 14-Jul-2010 22:38 (after 29 minutes)

[Quote]

Maybe that's why he was visiting EMI a few weeks ago? Anyway, looks like a great mix and I'm looking very forward to it - especially getting the recently leaked songs in official versions.
Yay! I just hope it won't be too expensive here...-_-
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Post 30-Sep-2010 13:26 (after 2 months 15 days)

[Quote]

does the reissue of bona drag contain the extra verse version of piccadilly palare or the previously released version ?
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Post 30-Sep-2010 13:38 (after 11 minutes)

[Quote]

Let The Right One Slip In (alternate long mix) this isn't a bona drag era track when i think about it but hey , anything previously unreleased is a bonus . reissue repackage ... extra (unreleased) tracks , yes please .
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Longevity: 11 years

Post 30-Sep-2010 14:08 (after 30 minutes)

[Quote]

does the reissue of bona drag contain the extra verse version of piccadilly palare or the previously released version ?
It's the version with the additional verse.
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Post 30-Sep-2010 14:47 (after 38 minutes)

[Quote]

thanx stephane , i thought it was , so shouldn't it say that it's a previously unreleased mix .
[Profile] [PM]

rivum

Post 06-Oct-2010 12:16 (after 5 days)

[Quote]

having never heard the additional verse version of piccadilly, i gotta say that the additional verse is REALLY thowing me off.
like an old friend that suddenly has an extremely large bulbous nose when you see him for the first time in a long while.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Post 06-Oct-2010 12:22 (after 5 minutes)

[Quote]

rivum the first time i heard it many moons ago it had the same affect . its like the demo of paint a vulgar picture i'm still trying to get used to the difference between that and the official release.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Aug 07:55