Glastonbury Recordings

Go to page :  1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 27-Jun-2011 19:05

[Quote]

There have been a few versions of the Glastonbury gig recorded by the BBC. Video and audio. In the UK the BBC make shows available online for about seven days after they air. I grabbed the highest resolution video stream available. I made a couple of errors when I seeded it here.
The first error was that I dated it the 25th when it should have been the 24th. Sorry! The second error was that I included Speedway on the setlist. I think perhaps he played it but it wasn't aired so it's not in the video.
In terms of quality, there's an upgrade to be had. The iPlayer stream is 832x468 with 96kbps AAC audio. It was broadcast on standard def which is 720x576 with 256kbps mp2 audio. If someone captured directly via digital cable or digital satellite then an upgrade of the full gig, presumably without Speedway, might surface soon. It would be a better place to take an audio stream too. I hope someone still has it in .TS format.
The whole show would have been recorded by the BBC in HD. I see that anovella has seeded the three songs that they've broadcast to date. I'm sure the whole show will show up in HD at some point in the future.
[Profile] [PM]

smorrissey

Post 27-Jun-2011 20:26 (after 1 hour 21 minute)

[Quote]

sure, we want HD!!!
[Profile] [PM]

matti

Post 27-Jun-2011 22:26 (after 1 hour 59 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks for the info.
[Profile] [PM]

smorrissey

Post 28-Jun-2011 03:28 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

u2 Glastonbury full HD out...... no Morrissey yet.....=(
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 28-Jun-2011 05:54 (after 2 hours 25 minutes)

[Quote]

Don't think Moz was transmitted in HD, not the whole gig anyway as there was an overlap between Moz and U2.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 28-Jun-2011 06:47 (after 53 minutes)

[Quote]

Don't think Moz was transmitted in HD, not the whole gig anyway as there was an overlap between Moz and U2.
That's correct. I'm sure it was all recorded though. Doubt the whole thing will air in HD for a year or two.
[Profile] [PM]

zivilars

Post 28-Jun-2011 10:37 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

I would be very grateful about a highest-possible audio version of the gig. At the moment, I have a webstream version which sounds good, but an upgrade would be even more welcome, of course. Call me "Monk" in case of hunting the most uncompressed recording out there ... If necessary, I will extract the audio from one of the video versions, but if I understand it correctly, the normal broadcast has the best audio and isn't shared yet? Was the gig also broadcasted on BBC radio?
What about this source? Is this also iPlayer sourced, converted to a MKV?
http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2674142/1541984/
Picture definitely NOT seems better, sounds shows a slightly better spectrum (checked in Audacity), but not really relevant, I guess ...
And by the way, David: Is there a quality difference between the FLV and MP4 you've posted on Morrissey-Solo? Is the MP4 simply converted from FLV (and therefore a little worse in quality)? What to prefer? Thanks a lot for your efforts, highly appreciated!
EDIT: Just saw the "iPlayer" in the file name of the MP4 - in this case I guess it simply was converted by you to MP4 to make it more compatible for people? (Or mabye the FLV already IS a MP4 video and just need to be renamed?)
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 28-Jun-2011 12:47 (after 2 hours 9 minutes)

[Quote]

I don't know about that Demonoid version. I don't have it. It depends on the source, which I think would be the TV broadcast. The audio has a better bit rate, but whether it makes good use of it, I don't know. e.g. I could make an 1080p version of the show taken from a VHS and although the bitrate would be high the quality wouldn't be any good.
I didn't post the FLV here, but I'm pretty sure they're the same. The BBC iPlayer uses RTMP protocol, which is built around Flash. I guess the FLV version here is a capture of that. My MP4 is also a capture of that, but I converted (not transcoded) from FLV to MP4. In fact, the get_iplayer program I used does it automatically.
More info here:
http://beebhack.wikia.com/wiki/IPlayer_TV
[Profile] [PM]

zivilars

Post 28-Jun-2011 13:21 (after 34 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks for the clarification, David!
[Profile] [PM]

smorrissey

Post 28-Jun-2011 14:08 (after 47 minutes)

[Quote]

Really? i didn't know that. However the youtube clips (now deleted) looked clearer thatn the bbc iplayer version.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 28-Jun-2011 14:36 (after 27 minutes)

[Quote]

Really? i didn't know that. However the youtube clips (now deleted) looked clearer thatn the bbc iplayer version.
Yeah i think Moz was on BBC4 from 9-10:00 and U2 started at 9:45 on BBC2 and then went to BBC4 at 10:30 when Newsnight started.
I was ready to put my foot through the telly after half-watching a bit of U2 on BBC2, was delighted when Newsnight came on.
Kirsty Wark may be knocking on a bit but she's still more appealing than O'Nob.
The Youtube clips are likely to be from BBC4 on Digital Satellite, iPlayer is generally more compressed than non-HD Digital Satellite and Digital Terrestrial tv.
[Profile] [PM]

ravenslament.

Longevity: 8 years 7 months

Post 29-Jun-2011 21:15 (after 1 day 6 hours)

[Quote]

morrissey @ glastonbury - the garb says its the full gig on bbc 6 tonight 29th june 22:45 - 0:00 . hopefully someone will capture it . ;o)
[Profile] [PM]

gummomarx

Longevity: 10 years

Post 02-Jul-2011 00:11 (after 2 days 2 hours)

[Quote]

Did anyone record this off the telly and can they post it here? If not, which torrent has the best quality so far. Thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 02-Jul-2011 08:18 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3231
May as well get the AVI until the uncompressed BBC4 broadcast gets upped, takes less time to download.
[Profile] [PM]

matti

Post 11-Jul-2011 09:27 (after 9 days)

[Quote]

tv version is here:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92194
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 15-Dec 04:19