How to download from this site

Go to page :  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 17-Feb-2006 21:26

[Quote]

If you're new to torrents, then this post is for you.
This site uses a torrent file sharing system. Unlike normal downloads, torrent files are downloaded from whoever has the file already or whoever is in the process of downloading it. If all files were downloaded direct from this site, I'd be out of bandwidth in hours.
If you are on a Windows system I'd thoroughly recommend uTorrent. It's small, easy to use and doesn't slow down your system. You can also set it to allow more sharing overnight than in the day.
An important part of the torrent system is that you should leave the file available to others once you've finished downloading. If you'd like to move the downloaded file to a new place on your hard disk, then stop the torrent, move the file in Windows, use 'Set Download Location' in uTorrent to specify the new location, then press the start button.
Feel free to post in this forum if you're having any difficulties.
[Profile] [PM]

Mozalini

Post 02-May-2006 14:53 (after 2 months 12 days)

[Quote]

Hey I am currently trying to download The Smiths in New York Beacon Theatre. At first it was fine and within no time at all it had downloaded 3% however about 30 mins have passed and there has been no progress what so ever. Do you reckon that this is to do with my PC and programmes or is there something with this particular file. By the way is use uTorrent for my downloading.
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Post 02-May-2006 16:15 (after 1 hour 21 minute)

[Quote]

Hey I am currently trying to download The Smiths in New York Beacon Theatre. At first it was fine and within no time at all it had downloaded 3% however about 30 mins have passed and there has been no progress what so ever. Do you reckon that this is to do with my PC and programmes or is there something with this particular file. By the way is use uTorrent for my downloading.
See if currently someone is seeding the file, if not only when someone connect the torrent program with the archive you will be able to continue the download
I have a file in hold too with 9% for some days only waiting the seeder again
[Profile] [PM]

Mozalini

Post 03-May-2006 14:47 (after 22 hours)

[Quote]

See if currently someone is seeding the file, if not only when someone connect the torrent program with the archive you will be able to continue the download
I have a file in hold too with 9% for some days only waiting the seeder again
Ok thanks for the help it is much appreciated :wink:
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 03-May-2006 22:27 (after 7 hours)

[Quote]

The thing to remember is that you can only download the shows from the other people using this website. If the people who have downloaded it have turned off their PC or turned off their torrent program then there will be no one to download from.
Usually I seed every show even if it's on a slow connection, but at the moment my PC is out of action.
[Profile] [PM]

garreola

Post 23-Jun-2006 22:51 (after 1 month 20 days)

[Quote]

does anyone know how i can burn copyrighted dvd's? i want to lend out movie's from my dvd collection, but some are copyrighted.....thanks in advance! :D
[Profile] [PM]

rosso sicredi

Post 15-Aug-2006 12:07 (after 1 month 21 day)

[Quote]

Hi - i am totally new to torrents.
Using this utorrent software, will the files be visible only among people in this group or everybody can "enter" my PC?
Thanks
Rosso
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 15-Aug-2006 12:26 (after 18 minutes)

[Quote]

Hi - i am totally new to torrents.
Using this utorrent software, will the files be visible only among people in this group or everybody can "enter" my PC?
Thanks
Rosso
Hi, only people who are members of smithstorrents can download the torrent files and connect to your computer. This makes it more secure than uploading to a public website, where anyone could download them.
[Profile] [PM]

rosso sicredi

Post 16-Aug-2006 09:38 (after 21 hour)

[Quote]

Hi, ok so you install the software and then how do you make it work only for this torrent?
Only with the registration?
Thanks
Rosso
[Profile] [PM]

MorningGlory123

Post 16-Aug-2006 10:42 (after 1 hour 4 minutes)

[Quote]

If you're worried that torrents will leave you vulnerable, and that anyone can 'enter' your computer, I wouldn't worry. Torrents are fairly safe, and I've heard nothing to discredit that. Only people who are registered at this site can download these torrents, and therefore connect to your computer whether you are downloading or uploading.
Basically you have installed 'utorrent' which opens .torrent files, .torrent files tell uTorrent what to download and where/whom from. Once you have installed uTorrent, just download the .torrent file and open it, which should automatically launch uTorrent...
Hope this helps :)
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 16-Aug-2006 11:42 (after 59 minutes)

[Quote]

Rosso, I wouldn't worry too much about using the torrent system. Millions use it every day; it is safe.
[Profile] [PM]

rosso sicredi

Post 20-Aug-2006 21:22 (after 4 days)

[Quote]

Hi, how can it be that only people from this site is exchanging files?
The software Utorrent seems very generic.
Correct me if I am wrong.
I download a link and after i doubecklick it downloads itself?
Sorry for the very silly questions...
[Profile] [PM]

rosso sicredi

Post 20-Aug-2006 21:29 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

To add a little note just to show how much I am ignorant about this.
I enter threads and I don't even understand where to click to download...
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 20-Aug-2006 22:24 (after 54 minutes)

[Quote]

Rosso, you might want to learn a little bit about the torrent system. Click here.
Only people registered can download the torrents from this site, which means that the people with the ability to connect to your computer are reduced. Although utorrent opens ports, the risk is very slim. If an exploit is discovered, I'll close down the site until a fix is available.
Click on where it says 'download' to download. <ahem>
[Profile] [PM]

suparni

Longevity: 10 years

Post 09-Nov-2007 00:34 (after 1 year 2 months)

[Quote]

Hello everybody I have decided that I want to connect using my MAC system. Anybody have and ideas what to use? I notice that Utorrent wont do it!
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Nov 19:18