An alternative to the HD tour?

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

egosheep

Longevity: 12 years

Post 18-Jun-2012 00:57

[Quote]

I don't think the lack of seeders has anything to do with the fact that people don't have the files.
250 downloads, 7 seeders.
What's the issue then, a lack of download space or what? It seems like the benefit of the HD tour was to give people a full song set without destroying ratio.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Longevity: 13 years

Post 18-Jun-2012 01:03 (after 6 minutes)

[Quote]

I don't think people can be bothered to seed, which isn't unusual on tracker sites.
I uploaded 350GB of Smiths to the seedbox and it took a few hours. I think the problem will have gone away in a few years. Bandwidth is increasing but FLAC is not.
[Profile] [PM]

rabiteguy

Longevity: 8 years 6 months

Post 20-Jun-2012 20:43 (after 2 days 19 hours)

[Quote]

I also have a server hosted with Host Gator and they are a great deal considering what they offer but I believe its against the Terms and Conditions to use their shared server for file sharing purposes. I haven't heard of anyone I know having their account terminated but transferring more than a few gigabytes a day may raise a red flag. They may require a dedicated server for a large amount of bandwidth which, as you know, is considerably more a month.
[Profile] [PM]

sailnit

Longevity: 7 years 5 months

Post 10-Sep-2012 18:13 (after 2 months 19 days)

[Quote]

Perhaps we could get a few people on each continent that would agree to act as distribution hubs. Folks could send them their HDDs with pre-paid return labels/postage. The hub folks could dup the drives and send them out. People could check in with the hub folks before sending off their drives to get an eta on turn around time. The hub folks could send over a drive to DavidA for the initial seeding with the return postage done as well.
-s
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 10-Sep-2012 22:57 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

Actually, the last US leg has worked much better. A better system. I think everyone who wanted the drive has been able to get it.
I've got a nagging feeling that the tracker software I used for this site isn't going to stand the test of time, which wouldn't be a problem apart from the fact that I have no idea how to move all the comments to a new tracker.
[Profile] [PM]

sailnit

Longevity: 7 years 5 months

Post 11-Sep-2012 21:46 (after 22 hours)

[Quote]

I was also thinking that maybe it would work if a Morrissey HDD tour was ever considered.
-S
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 12-Sep-2012 00:03 (after 2 hours 17 minutes)

[Quote]

Ah. Fair point. I don't have any Morrissey so I'd be the wrong guy to start the tour.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 15-Dec 19:26