I started something i couldn't finish. Please help.

Reply to topic

theboyhater ®

Longevity: 5 years 10 months

Post 04-Sep-2012 19:36

[Quote]

Hi i have recently downloaded my 2nd torrent The Smiths - Hacienda 1983 video. However my share ratio is 0. So i have been trying to seed it but nothing is happening, it says there are no seeds or peers is this the reason i can't seed it ? Sorry to sound like a complete idiot but i'm new to torrents and don't really have much of a clue what i'm doing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 04-Sep-2012 21:02 (after 1 hour 26 minutes)

[Quote]

Welcome! If no one wants to download that Hacienda gig then your ratio will not improve beyond 0. You have to have something that someone wants to download, which will happen over time.
I don't recall quite how this works, but I think you're limited to only downloading one torrent at a time if your ratio is low. So AFAIK you'll still be able to download other shows.
Have a go at downloading another show and let me know how it goes.
[Profile] [PM]

theboyhater ®

Longevity: 5 years 10 months

Post 04-Sep-2012 21:21 (after 19 minutes)

[Quote]

Ok DavidA
Thank you for the welcome and for clearing that up. However looking at the torrent activity for the Hacienda video http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2774 it states that there is one person currently downloading the torrent. So i can't understand why i can't seed the torrent to them.
Thanks
John
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 04-Sep-2012 22:20 (after 58 minutes)

[Quote]

You're right: it does state that someone's downloading, but I think that might be an error. If you click on seeders then you'll see who is uploading and who is downloading.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 21-Oct 08:36