Reply to topic

savbomb ®

Longevity: 6 years 3 months

Post 04-May-2013 11:46

[Quote]

Heads up:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sfhj1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sfgkp
I've sent an email to Now Playing requesting the two Kid Jensen tracks we would all like (WW and IDOYA), the Sandie Shaw session from Radio 4 and the Radio Clyde concert (some hope, but I thought I'd ask), in that order of preference.
The 6 Music schedule for Monday 13th (the actual anniversary of HIG) is not out yet but, who knows, there might be something else to come.
[Profile] [PM]

hipsterdisco

Longevity: 7 years 7 months

Post 08-May-2013 22:05 (after 4 days)

[Quote]

'I've sent an email to Now Playing requesting the two Kid Jensen tracks we would all like (WW and IDOYA), the Sandie Shaw session from Radio 4 and the Radio Clyde concert (some hope, but I thought I'd ask), in that order of preference.'
Excellent sleuthing savbomb 8) , Would you happen to have the appropriate email for requests please.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 09-May-2013 18:59 (after 20 hours)

[Quote]

If you visit the page there's a link that says contact.
Detective nightschool was worth it after all!
[Profile] [PM]

Cover Star

Longevity: 5 years 4 months

Post 10-May-2013 12:13 (after 17 hours)

[Quote]

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.
I've emailed Liz Kershaw requesting the two Kid Jenson session tracks.
Here's hoping.......
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 12 years

Post 10-May-2013 18:10 (after 5 hours)

[Quote]

I've done the same.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 11-May-2013 20:17 (after 1 day 2 hours)

[Quote]

Well, unfortunately, although Liz Kershaw found time in a Smiths special for session tracks by Inspiral Carpets and Sandie Shaw sans Smiths, nothing except official releases as far as the Smiths themselves go.
Not essential listening, really, except for a bit of archive Tony Wilson and a short, heard it all before, interview with Mike Joyce. Webstream: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sfgkp
Fingers still crossed for tomorrow.
[Profile] [PM]

Cover Star

Post 11-May-2013 21:03 (after 46 minutes)

[Quote]

It was very disappointing. It just seemed really.......trivial. I thought Mike Joyce came across very well, even if there were no earth-shattering revelations.
The 'Now Playing' programme has a more "adult" format and there's a lot more listener input into it, so I'm not giving up hope just yet.
It is an odd do, though. I would have thought that the BBC would be keen to broadcast a bit of "exclusive" content. However, I've been a listener of 6Music since the beginning and I don't think they have ever broadcast either of those two Jenson sessions in those 11+ years.
[Profile] [PM]

hipsterdisco

Longevity: 7 years 7 months

Post 13-May-2013 10:23 (after 1 day 13 hours)

[Quote]

The Smiths Playlist (Nowplaying@6music) Specifically asked for 'Rarities requests' yet played none !.
It strikes me that the not unreasonable requests for rarely heard BBC Session tracks were completely Out-Barraged by Blow-ins suggesting blindingly obvious recordings from their own, "The Very Best of The Smiths" CD's.
This alongside Tom Robinsons obvious, desperate need to be seen as, au courant, Made for a truly awful programme (In my opinion).
We are, Truly Disappointed.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 13-May-2013 17:15 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

Disappointing is the word, but I think it's more about what music could be uploaded with the click of a mouse to a BBC workstation and what would have entailed budgeting for a request to Maida Vale for someone to dig out an old tape reel.
On a happier note, the BBC2 doc was a bit more archivist-bothering which may be the first step to getting the full performances rebroadcast. We can but hope.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Longevity: 12 years

Post 13-May-2013 18:04 (after 49 minutes)

[Quote]

Wasn't there a "Producers" show on Radio 1 a year or two back that were planning on playing some Smiths rarities from Stephen Street and got banned from doing so?
Think Moz pulled the plug on it.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 13-May-2013 19:25 (after 1 hour 20 minutes)

[Quote]

I think it was demos for Viva Hate, but yes.
The difference is that Morrissey/EMI own the rights to those recordings, but the BBC owns the rights to old sessions and the like, so it can broadcast away if it likes.
[Profile] [PM]

Cover Star

Post 16-Feb-2014 18:27 (after 9 months 2 days)

[Quote]

Sorry for the lack of advance warning but BBC 6 Music are again doing a "Listeners' Playlist" in their Now Playing..... slot, this time commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the release of the debut album. It's the now familiar format (it's the third time in the last year).
I have once again requested the BBC session versions of 'Wonderful Woman' and 'I Don't Owe You Anything' although experience now makes me think this will be ignored in favour of anything readily available......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03vl7x1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nowplaying/posts/TheSmiths6Music
[Profile] [PM]

Cover Star

Post 16-Feb-2014 19:13 (after 46 minutes)

[Quote]

.......and true to form, there's nothing of interest and a lot of ill-informed opinion.
Move along now, there's nothing to see here!
[Profile] [PM]

johnenla

Longevity: 4 years 6 months

Post 04-Mar-2014 12:36 (after 15 days)

[Quote]

I've emailed Liz Kershaw requesting the two Kid Jenson session tracks.
Reply to topic

Current time is: 21-Sep 13:41