1983 Troy Tate monitor mixes: 30th anniversary edition

Go to page :   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

waterisnat

Longevity: 13 years

Post 24-Jun-2013 18:28

[Quote]

Many thanks for doing all the hard work and for sharing it here unselfishly. However, at the risk of sounding a dick, I'd say that if you're going to attempt a proper remaster, you should do it completely right. A re-do would be appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 24-Jun-2013 19:05 (after 37 minutes)

[Quote]

Sounds great to me, best so far anyway.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Longevity: 7 years 3 months

Post 24-Jun-2013 20:02 (after 56 minutes)

[Quote]

Many thanks for doing all the hard work and for sharing it here unselfishly. However, at the risk of sounding a dick, I'd say that if you're going to attempt a proper remaster, you should do it completely right. A re-do would be appreciated.
You don't sound like a dick. That's fair comment and I am thinking about a re-do. Like I say, though, the whole way torrenting works makes it a bit of a drag. The re-do itself won't be too much trouble and I might do it this week-end if I get chance. But the confusion of either removing the torrent or creating a new one in parallel is a bit of a problem.
In the meantime, what I would say is that the difference to anyone with human ears will be zero, so people reading this should just go ahead and download what's there rather than wait, IMO.
[Profile] [PM]

Patrick

Post 26-Jun-2013 13:13 (after 1 day 17 hours)

[Quote]

Yes, I'll second this entire sentiment. Much thanks as it's clear much time and thought went into this. However, while it's debatable if a difference can be heard, clipping is a never a good thing for such important (and historic) audio as this. If you did do a proper remaster where you simply re-did the last step of EQ, I'd be all over it.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 29-Jun-2013 10:21 (after 2 days 21 hour)

[Quote]

OK, I have replaced this with a version devoid of any clipping.
A little bit of further tweaking on the intros to SLC and THTRTC, but the flutter at the start of WDDIM is still there.
Please note that if you have the old version you won't be seeding anymore.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 29-Jun-2013 10:49 (after 28 minutes)

[Quote]

Thanks SavBomb, much appreciated. Once it's downloaded I will have a go at removing the wow and flutter.
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 29-Jun-2013 11:08 (after 19 minutes)

[Quote]

Rockin'.
If you're able to do it quickly and put it in a dropbox or something, I'll replace the torrent file again.
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 29-Jun-2013 11:31 (after 23 minutes)

[Quote]

k, will try. Never used that proggy before
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 29-Jun-2013 14:22 (after 2 hours 50 minutes)

[Quote]

Well I've let it do its thing and absolutely no difference to my ears and eyes :(
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 29-Jun-2013 15:06 (after 43 minutes)

[Quote]

Oh well.
[Profile] [PM]

sapsteel

Longevity: 8 years 6 months

Post 06-Jul-2013 16:20 (after 7 days)

[Quote]

These are just fantastic < thanks to all who have contributed to getting these in this condition here for us all to enjoy.
i have listened and compared these to previous Troy Tate versions and am convinced that they are all the same actual recordings as before, but obviously much much better quality and with perhaps a more levelled mix, But with one ( to me anyway ) glaring stand out exception:-
You've Got Everything Now.
The version of this on the original Troy Tate releases has a noticeable gap between the first two lines ( between the words As merry as the days were long ( pause ) i was right and you were wrong )
On this version and on the Rare Mix version, Morrissey sing the lines as one< merging the words Long and I in the same breath > This is surely a different vocal track>
Also at 3.37 there is an extra music track added on the original version which does not appear on the newer versions.
Apologies if this has been discussed before< i have trawled many pages to check and couldny find any reference to it.
Is this heard by anyone else? and are there other notable differences in other tracks that i should know about .?
[Profile] [PM]

tonythepony

Longevity: 12 years

Post 06-Jul-2013 19:41 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

great sound improvement, thank you very much for taking the time to upload it
[Profile] [PM]

savbomb ®

Post 08-Jul-2013 11:59 (after 1 day 16 hours)

[Quote]

These are just fantastic < thanks to all who have contributed to getting these in this condition here for us all to enjoy.
i have listened and compared these to previous Troy Tate versions and am convinced that they are all the same actual recordings as before, but obviously much much better quality and with perhaps a more levelled mix, But with one ( to me anyway ) glaring stand out exception:-
You've Got Everything Now.
The version of this on the original Troy Tate releases has a noticeable gap between the first two lines ( between the words As merry as the days were long ( pause ) i was right and you were wrong )
On this version and on the Rare Mix version, Morrissey sing the lines as one< merging the words Long and I in the same breath > This is surely a different vocal track>
Also at 3.37 there is an extra music track added on the original version which does not appear on the newer versions.
Apologies if this has been discussed before< i have trawled many pages to check and couldny find any reference to it.
Is this heard by anyone else? and are there other notable differences in other tracks that i should know about .?
Hi Sapstee. Thanks for downloading.
There's a thread here where differences have been discussed:
http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=472
[Profile] [PM]

sapsteel

Longevity: 8 years 6 months

Post 08-Jul-2013 21:16 (after 9 hours)

[Quote]

Many Thanks Savbomb, I may be up all night reading !
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 08-Jul-2013 21:22 (after 5 minutes)

[Quote]

This might be a little easier on the eyes.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070819065329id_/http:/.../smiths-tate.htm
Also, there was a bit more Troy Tate info here.
http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=24261#24261
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 21-Sep 00:34