"Stop Me..." acoustic and instrumental versions: Question

Reply to topic

Tanato ®

Longevity: 3 years 9 months

Post 27-Sep-2013 14:27

[Quote]

I looked through the forum but failed to find the answer to the question that has been bugging me for quite some time. Hope that someone could help )
There are two versions of "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" on YouTube which I can't find on bootlegs seeded here. The first one was uploaded by hipsterdisco and it's an acoustic version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMDFmsaPLXU
The second one is an instrumental uploaded by user Flip2k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1-60uY3Dk
So, what I'm interested in is:
1) Where do these versions come from and are they by any means available in FLAC (and if not, in any other form rather than a YouTube video)?
2) Are there any other 'official' (unreleased, but definitely made by the group) acoustic versions of Smiths' songs?
Any information, links and advice would be much appreciated :) Thanks in advance!
[Profile] [PM]

Halloway

Longevity: 4 years

Post 27-Sep-2013 15:53 (after 1 hour 26 minutes)

[Quote]

The multitracks to 'Stop Me...' are available (I think they came from Rockband), both of these sound like they could have been constructed from those.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 27-Sep-2013 19:38 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Shoplifters instrumental was released on the demos and rarities bootleg.
Stop Me and This Charming Man have been unofficially released as multitracks from Rock Band.
Here are the multitracks (200MB). The files are lossy.
[Profile] [PM]

Tanato ®

Longevity: 3 years 9 months

Post 27-Sep-2013 20:20 (after 42 minutes)

[Quote]

Halloway, DavidA, thank you so much! I'm a bit disillusioned, since I thought that somewhere out there there's a bunch of acoustic Smiths' songs (I got this idea after watching the above-mentioned videos and recalling the Cure having an acoustic album of their greatest hits), but still those multitracks are a very nice discovery for me :D
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Longevity: 11 years

Post 27-Sep-2013 20:23 (after 2 minutes)

[Quote]

Of course there are a lot of karaoke Smiths records, some good, some bad.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 22-May 21:13