morrissey2002-09-15 Open Air Theater; San Diego, CA

Reply to topic

traveller03 ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 26-Oct-2006 23:02

[Quote]

I used to know the taper of this show and they came to my apartment after the show. I transferred the DAT to my harddrive. Unfortunately I didn't have the hardware necessary to do a digital transfer so this is the best I could do. Still sounds pretty amazing I think. The taper did an outstanding job. I don't know if this recording has been subsequently transferred digitally but I didn't see it on the tracker so I figure people will enjoy it regardless. I seeded this once before about a year ago on DIME. I did a little tweaking to the sound on that one but this seed is the raw transfer, no processing, only normalized.
Enjoy!
-traveller03
Morrissey 2002-09-15
Open Air Theater; San Diego, CA
Mic/Deck: SS DSM-6S > D-100@ 44.1kHz
Transfer: D-100 (DAT-M) > ANA transfer thru SB Live soundcard > Cool Edit Pro > WAV > CD Wave (track splits) > FLAC
...your burned copy will be CDR-0
Setlist:
01 pre show
02 I Want The One I Can't Have
03 Hairdresser On Fire
04 Suedehead
05 Little Man, What Now?
06 The First Of The Gang To Die
07 Jack The Ripper
08 I Like You
09 Mexico
10 Sister I'm A Poet
11 Alsatian Cousin
12 Every Day Is Like Sunday
13 The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
14 Meat Is Murder
15 Irish Blood, English Heart
16 Late Night, Maudlin Street
17 Speedway
18 There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
-------------------------------------------
from http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/gigs/moz-gi0208us.htm
The final of the three dates of the 'Revolucion 2002' festival was slightly different to the first two. Instead of being booked being Jumbo and Jaguares, Morrissey opened for both bands as he had to catch his plane to London to perform two dates at the Royal Albert Hall on the 17th and 18th. Morrissey went back to the usual 17-track setlist, removing "November Spawned A Monster" to make space for the new track "Irish Blood English Heart".
This was also the end of the American leg of the 2002 tour. This final concert was as good as the previous ones. Morrissey was very energetic and talkative, although the fans were not as much into it. The seated venue might have been to blame. Security was tight and no one tried to get on stage, even when Morrissey encouraged his fans with lines such as "Come closer if you dare".
Morrissey introduced himself at the beginning of the show as "Crazy Eddie". He welcomed his fans to the "Morrissey matinee", as it was still early in the evening. At some point he said "No smiles, smiles are prohibited here". Halfway into the concert Morrissey introduced his musicians, saying he met them while in prison for murder: "As some of you may have heard, I went to prison last year... I was in there for nothing big, just for murder... while in prison, I met 4 great great... (etc)". "Jack The Ripper" was introduced with "It's 1888... it's late at night, and you're in [undecipherable name] castle... you feel a chill on your back, turn around... and if God's not on your side tonight, then, well...".
"Meat Is Murder" was introduced similarly to the previous night: "All the best people are vegetarianos... all the rest can go to hell!". "Irish Blood English Heart" was introduced with "This song is my autobiography in two verses". When someone in the crowd whistled at him, Morrissey replied "Good whistle, that... good whistle... you should work on that". Morrissey threw his shirt into the audience during the encore. Before it Morrissey thanked his fans "May God bless you, Oscar Wilde bless you, Johnny Thunders bless you...". As usual, the fans finished the song in a huge sing-along as Morrissey escaped the venue.
[Profile] [PM]

catalina

Post 27-Oct-2006 12:03 (after 13 hours)

[Quote]

Looks like another fine show traveller! Thanks.
[Profile] [PM]

bclark93

Post 27-Oct-2006 20:22 (after 8 hours)

[Quote]

Many thanks for this!
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH

Post 28-Oct-2006 06:22 (after 10 hours)

[Quote]

thanks!
[Profile] [PM]

discodancer76

Longevity: 6 years 10 months

Post 23-Sep-2010 01:33 (after 3 years 10 months)

[Quote]

I was at this show and it started as the sun was setting. Band looked sounded great. Highlights were the Viva Hate tracks.
[Profile] [PM]

iisaphd

Longevity: 8 years 7 months

Post 24-Sep-2010 16:43 (after 1 day 15 hours)

[Quote]

>Can someone please seed this one?
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 06-Oct-2010 22:12 (after 12 days)

[Quote]

Many thanks for all Seeder in special for Demian and bclark93
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 19-Aug 03:26