Anyone have "Somebody Waved Goodbye"?

Reply to topic

Angelic ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 07-Nov-2006 12:44

[Quote]

If someone has this and could upload it here, or tell me where else I could find it, I'd be very grateful! :)
Recorded 12/12/86 Brixton Academy London
The best of them is undoubtedly "Somebody Waved Goodbye". The sound is reasonably good and the whole concert is featured, including the "Take Me Back To Dead Old Blighty" pre-entrance song.
[Profile] [PM]

Zaldo

Post 02-May-2010 13:28 (after 3 years 5 months)

[Quote]

hi, you can find it right here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H79V6TFK
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA

Post 02-May-2010 13:43 (after 14 minutes)

[Quote]

An audio audience recording of the complete concert is circulated on various titled and untitled bootlegs, in different levels of quality (recorder: Mark T, working for Big Al aka Fat Alex). It includes the near-complete "Take Me Back To Dead Old Blighty" pre-entrance song. The only downside is that all circulated versions of this show have a recording of "The Queen Is Dead" from a different date in its place. The master has since been lost so whatever imperfect or incomplete version of that song it might have held is now lost.
The best version of this recording out there is from a very good transfer from a first generation tape to lossless digital format (FLAC). A version very close in quality is more commonly found on both cd and digital format under the title "Somebody Waved Goodbye". It was also very likely produced from a first generation tape because the content is exactly the same as the digital transfer mentioned above (same alternate "The Queen Is Dead", same pre-entrance song fade-in, etc).
I think
The best version of this recording out there is from a very good transfer from a first generation tape to lossless digital format (FLAC)
is this one.
[Profile] [PM]

SweetFA

Post 02-May-2010 15:47 (after 2 hours 4 minutes)

[Quote]

An audio audience recording of the complete concert is circulated on various titled and untitled bootlegs, in different levels of quality (recorder: Mark T, working for Big Al aka Fat Alex). It includes the near-complete "Take Me Back To Dead Old Blighty" pre-entrance song. The only downside is that all circulated versions of this show have a recording of "The Queen Is Dead" from a different date in its place. The master has since been lost so whatever imperfect or incomplete version of that song it might have held is now lost.
The best version of this recording out there is from a very good transfer from a first generation tape to lossless digital format (FLAC). A version very close in quality is more commonly found on both cd and digital format under the title "Somebody Waved Goodbye". It was also very likely produced from a first generation tape because the content is exactly the same as the digital transfer mentioned above (same alternate "The Queen Is Dead", same pre-entrance song fade-in, etc).
I think
The best version of this recording out there is from a very good transfer from a first generation tape to lossless digital format (FLAC)
is this one.
Think you need Queen Is Dead off this one too:
http://smithstorrents.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2998
The Big Al one is from a different date iirc.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 20-Nov 19:16