Morrissey 1991.10.31 Mountain View CA

Reply to topic

monsterH ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 31-Mar-2006 05:45

[Quote]

I posted this on DIME recently, but in case anyone missed it, here it is again...
Enjoy...!
Morrissey
Shoreline Amphitheatre
Mountain View,Ca
October 31, 1991
source: nakamichi cm300 > sony tcd-5m
transfer fromm master cassette
taper : markp
01 intro
02 November Spawned A Monster
03 Alsatian Cousin
04 Our Frank
05 The Loop
06 King Leer
07 Sister, I'm A Poet
08 Piccadilly Palare
09 Driving Your Girlfriend Home
10 Interesting Drug
11 We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
12 Everyday Is Like Sunday
13 My Love Life
14 Pashernate Love
15 The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
16 Asian Rut
17 Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
18 Suedehead
19 Disappointed (with Cosmic Dancer intro)
This concert was a great success, like most visits to California. There was quite a lot of stage climbing because security was minimal. At some point Morrissey found himself with a bra around his neck. There was no change in the setlist, new compositions "Pashernate Love" and "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" were performed.
After entering stage, Morrissey's musicians started playing something that in retrospect sounds like the intro to "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side", but this was the new live intro to "November Spawned A Monster". Attempts from the fans to make it up on stage started as early as the first song. During the first two numbers, "November Spawned A Monster" and "Alsatian Cousin", Morrissey was kept away from his microphone on a few occasions, making him miss some of his lines. In "Sister I'm A Poet" Morrissey sang "A plastic bag stranded at the lights, this once was me" which is slightly different to what is sung on the studio version. In "Driving Your Girlfriend Home", he mistakenly repeated the "turn left..." line when he should have be singing the "drive on..." one. After the song Morrissey started "So err..." but never finished.
For the first time in many weeks, "Interesting Drug" wasn't performed as a pair with "Mute Witness" as the latter was dropped from the setlist. New composition and recent live addition "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" was obviously unknown to everyone in the crowd (except for those who had attended the previous gig in Seattle) so it was introduced with the words "This song is very new and it's called 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful'." In "Everyday Is Like Sunday", Morrissey changed a few lines, as he usually did, to "scratch on a postcard" and "please come, please come nuclear bomb".
This was Halloween night and many fans in the crowd were dressed, prompting Morrissey to ask, after "Everyday Is Like Sunday", "I'm just slightly curious to know, is today... Halloween? (crowd cheers) Hmmm...". Shortly after, the other new and unfamiliar composition "Pashernate Love" also needed an introduction: "This song is called (articulates:) 'Pashernate Love'." Morrissey made the usual lyrical modification in "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" by singing "just to make myself attracted to you".
As a second encore, the band started to play "Cosmic Dancer", but one line into the song, they abruptly switched to the usual set closer, "Disappointed", as they had been doing since the middle of the previous leg. In the latter, Morrissey changed the line "Young girl one day you will be old" to "Young girl one day I really will be old". The song was again ended in a dramatic fashion when, right after the line "This is the last song I will ever sing", it was abruptly stopped, Morrissey dropped his microphone and left the stage, followed by his band members.
[Profile] [PM]

Post 27-Apr-2006 18:24 (after 27 days)

Topic has been split. New topic - ABC vs uTorrent

DavidA

elmirasusanna

Post 05-Sep-2006 18:18 (after 5 months 5 days)

[Quote]

I actually have a copy of the video that this audio was taken from. Do u have video as well?
elmira
[Profile] [PM]

monsterH ®

Post 12-Sep-2006 05:24 (after 6 days)

[Quote]

No I don't - just the bootleg CD...
[Profile] [PM]

pjlm

Post 20-Sep-2006 00:40 (after 7 days)

[Quote]

Hello Elmirasusanna,
Do you think it would be possible for you to put up that video up here? I would love to see this.
thanks!
Stephane
[Profile] [PM]

iisaphd

Longevity: 8 years 11 months

Post 24-Mar-2011 18:46 (after 4 years 6 months)

[Quote]

So disappointed,,,
Disappointed is stuck at 95%. Could someone reseed so that I can complete this one?
[Profile] [PM]

anovella

Post 25-Mar-2011 10:30 (after 15 hours)

[Quote]

Please seed this one!!
many thanks in advance!!
[Profile] [PM]

Fallsound

Longevity: 6 years 11 months

Post 26-Mar-2011 09:30 (after 23 hours)

[Quote]

Help, stuck on 99.9% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 28-Apr-2011 17:09 (after 1 month 2 days)

[Quote]

Same for me, 99.9 % completed for quite a while.
It would be nice, if anybody could (re-)seed this.
Many thanks in advance :)

[Profile] [PM]

Demian

Post 16-May-2011 05:21 (after 17 days)

[Quote]

A big thank you to the seeder who let us finally complete this torrent.
Wonderful! :D

[Profile] [PM]

Fallsound

Longevity: 6 years 11 months

Post 16-May-2011 20:02 (after 14 hours)

[Quote]

Thank you most kindly.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 14-Dec 15:06