What info should go into the info notes?

Reply to topic

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 08-Jan-2007 21:42

[Quote]

When I set up this site I didn't know a great deal about sharing lossless recordings.
It's been pointed out that perhaps more information should be shared in the accompanying info file. In my example template I've put some suggestions in, but I missed out lineage. Even now I'm not sure what additional info people should be ideally including.
I don't want to ever make it seem such a hassle to get things uploaded that people can't be bothered, but some revised guidelines might be an idea. Suggestions appreciated.
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 08-Jan-2007 22:12 (after 30 minutes)

[Quote]

Is there any particular reason you missed out lineage? I would have thought this was very important, as it helps to show whether the source is lossless and has not been transcoded at some stage. Also when uploading any recordings which have been "remastered", lineage would document clearly what was done to the recording at each stage (eg FLAC>>WAV >> Adobe Audition >> WAV >>FLAC). What sort of things have been suggested as regards the extra info?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 08-Jan-2007 22:37 (after 24 minutes)

[Quote]

Lineage is something that should be added, but I never really understood the difference between that and source notes. I usually add some notes about where it came from, but it could probably be improved upon if I knew what info was useful to add.
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 17-Dec 17:20