Unreleased Rarities

Go to page :  1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

DavidA ®

Longevity: 11 years

Post 02-Apr-2006 21:25

[Quote]

I'm always interested in unreleased Smiths rarities. I've listed some of them below. Please let me know if you know of more. Right click on the link to download an MP3.
I Misses You [Edit: link removed, the MP3 was a Morrissey track from the Miraval sessions]
This was a studio demo recorded at 'Fallout Shelter' studios in December 1984, shortly after Meat Is Murder had been recorded. To me it sounds a little like 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' or 'That Joke Isn't Funny Any More'.
Untitled 2 [Edit: Link removed. This was actually another Morrissey track from the Miraval sessions]
Is this the second track rarity which was recorded along with 'I Misses You'? I downloaded it from Soulseek a while ago, so I'm not sure what it is.
The Cowbell-Click Track
From Wikipedia: "Things heated up once more when in late November of 2005, while appearing on radio station BBC 6 Music, Mike Joyce claimed to be having financial problems, and had resorted to selling rare band recordings on eBay. As a teaser, a few minutes of an unfinished instrumental track known as "The Click Track" was premiered on the show. Morrissey hit back at Joyce with a public statement shortly after, on the website www.true-to-you.net."
I Want A Boy For My Birthday
A really early cover version of a track by The Cookies. If I recall correctly, a full recording of this was put up for auction by Dale Hibbert (original bassist before Rourke), and what's in public circulation is a small clip in Real Audio format which was used to prove the auction's authenticity. Where the full version ended up I've no idea. I think someone said it was in Holland. Included in this clip is the original version by The Cookies.
If you have any other unreleased rarities, even in poor format, let me know and I'll host them on the site.

Last edited by DavidA on 2006-04-21 20:36; edited 2 times in total
[Profile] [PM]

matti

Post 17-Apr-2006 18:32 (after 14 days)

[Quote]

"Untitled 2" is from Miraval-sessions'94 (Moz instrumental demos) and I belive "I misses You" too.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 17-Apr-2006 18:41 (after 8 minutes)

[Quote]

Oh, so Untitled 2 is Moz and not Smiths? My bad.
I Misses You is listed in Songs That Saved Your Life, so I think that's a Smiths rarity.
Thanks for the info.
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 17-Apr-2006 19:06 (after 25 minutes)

[Quote]

BTW, batnaMMV gave me a large set of Troy Tate sessions plus what's reported to be the Rough Trade Demos. Once I've got my head around them, I'll put together a definitive torrent.
More info on the various Troy Tate demos here. In fact, if anyone has Troy Hands Rock The Cradle, could you let me know. According to Stephane it includes 18 Troy Tate demos.
[Profile] [PM]

batnaMMV

Post 17-Apr-2006 20:10 (after 1 hour 4 minutes)

[Quote]

BTW, batnaMMV gave me a large set of Troy Tate sessions plus what's reported to be the Rough Trade Demos. Once I've got my head around them, I'll put together a definitive torrent.
More info on the various Troy Tate demos here. In fact, if anyone has Troy Hands Rock The Cradle, could you let me know. According to Stephane it includes 18 Troy Tate demos.
Apparently this bootleg has two versions of Pretty Girls Make Graves on it, which would be interesting to listen to if anybody has it. Also if anyone has "Rough Trade Demos" or "Troy Tate Remix" (which is what David is referring to) in lossless please could you upload? They have been circulated amongst some traders as some of the info files prove. The ones I gave to David were mp3 sourced unfortuantely :cry:
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 17-Apr-2006 22:50 (after 2 hours 39 minutes)

[Quote]

"I Misses You" as posted is in fact the other Mirival session untitled song, done during the Southpaw Grammar sessions. Sorry, thought we had discovered one!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 17-Apr-2006 23:02 (after 12 minutes)

[Quote]

Denied! Ah well. Thanks for letting me know robbo.
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 18-Apr-2006 04:01 (after 4 hours)

[Quote]

David, just discovered this site today...thanks for putting something like this together!
I think we're all pretty interested in the Rough Trade demos, though the Tate sessions has been labeled as 'demos' on many of the pressed bootlegs....
Do you have the 3rd set of the Tate recordings that Stephane has listed on the website? I always assumed this set was just a mixture of the first 2 sets, and it follows pretty much the same running order. Any insight?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 18-Apr-2006 23:59 (after 19 hours)

[Quote]

Here's the remixed Troy Tate demos which batna gave me. They're only MP3s.
The Core tracks are available on The Hand That Rocks the Cradle bootleg. They're also available on Sign Here but the speed seems slightly too slow.
The Fewer tracks are available on Reel Around The Fountain bootleg and Wonderful Woman bootleg.
The Official tracks are available on This Charming Man CD5 (Jeane) and Stop Me CD5 (Pretty Girls Make Graves).
At some point I'll put together a full set. Anyone have the remixed tracks in lossless?
[Profile] [PM]

the Flea

Post 19-Apr-2006 00:09 (after 10 minutes)

[Quote]

I've got the TT sessions from the UnderCover Records 12 track bootleg in lossless but what version they are is beyond me. I also have four alternate mixes from the bootleg "Demos and Rarities" in lossless. I can upload the four tracks or the whole album.
These any good for anyone ?
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 19-Apr-2006 00:31 (after 22 minutes)

[Quote]

The 12 tracks are very likely to be the 'Core' tracks. Demos and Rarities includes four of the six tracks from the 'Fewer' set. Thanks all the same.
[Profile] [PM]

robbo123

Post 19-Apr-2006 06:34 (after 6 hours)

[Quote]

OK, I was going over my list and I have on DAT a 53 minute version of the Troy Tate Remix. This is different from the core Tate session. If I remember correctly, this includes the tracks from Wonderful Woman and the other pressed bootleg that had the 2-3 remixes.
Now the bad news, my DATs/Player are back in storage in the US. I'm in Japan for another 3 months, then I'll be reunited with my collection. So patience on this one!
[Profile] [PM]

DavidA ®

Post 19-Apr-2006 07:12 (after 37 minutes)

[Quote]

Robbo, I've waited for many years for this so I can wait three months more.
When you get a chance, seed a copy of the DAT (or send it to me) and I'll put together a complete seed of the core set, fewer set, official and remix. In fact, I guess we could make a 2 CD bootleg of it with a good info and picture sleeve.
[Profile] [PM]

sao paulo

Post 21-Apr-2006 15:39 (after 2 days 8 hours)

[Quote]

I can help with the cover art, I've got the troy tate bootleg covers in mint condition, we would just have to edit the track list and maybe add some liner notes using photoshop.
[Profile] [PM]

akiraware

Post 21-Apr-2006 19:16 (after 3 hours)

[Quote]

Hi David
I can prepare the torrent of "The Troy Hands Rocks The Cradle" I create that bootleg because many traders are looking for all versions possible in one CD, so I pick the tracks for the other bootlegs I have and make this compilation, I already make the artwork too
[Profile] [PM]
Display posts:    
Reply to topic

Current time is: 22-Oct 01:20